Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

''Disappointed this night. A lot of waste. Behind Harit in the hierarchy at this moment.''

''Catastrophic game with a lot of dangerous balls given to the opponent. Well, the context of the game was really special.'' 

''One of the main responsible to our inability to block the backline and to come out properly.''

''This night he had a lot waste in a very difficult game by taking account of the context of the game. That being said in some ball taken you see that he has something really crazy on him. To review in more favorable context of 11 v 11.''

''I found his game atrocious, the fact he's not at 100% I can understand, but to miss simple controls repeatedly it pissed me off. Wake up kid.''

''He was really bad technically, but also Hojberg abnormally. To review.''

''Not easy for him this game. But in some of his passes we see clearly that he's a really upcoming great player.''

On 9/22/2024 at 2:16 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Looks like de Zerbi nailed all his subs too, so even the defender he put in tied it (Lirola, a seasoned pro from Barcelona area but noone here has any idea who he is), the other two scored too.

So how was the game, and Kone report?

Of course I do. Fiorentina spent too much money on him!! 😋

3 hours ago, ahmedou said:

''Disappointed this night. A lot of waste. Behind Harit in the hierarchy at this moment.''

''Catastrophic game with a lot of dangerous balls given to the opponent. Well, the context of the game was really special.'' 

''One of the main responsible to our inability to block the backline and to come out properly.''

''This night he had a lot waste in a very difficult game by taking account of the context of the game. That being said in some ball taken you see that he has something really crazy on him. To review in more favorable context of 11 v 11.''

''I found his game atrocious, the fact he's not at 100% I can understand, but to miss simple controls repeatedly it pissed me off. Wake up kid.''

''He was really bad technically, but also Hojberg abnormally. To review.''

''Not easy for him this game. But in some of his passes we see clearly that he's a really upcoming great player.''

Kone's inconsistency is a problem, you can't be so off and on, and so glaringly. It is better to be putting up 6/10 games where no one notices you and your team is getting a result. 

My opinion, considering he went to where he did, is that he still needs some development but not all coaches want to do this with a guy into his 20s already. I personally think it has to be done and must be done, pretty well any player needs to have things to work on and does need coaching.

When a 22 yr old can boss the midfield vs France & Uruguay, I think most coaches would be willing to  develop that aspect of his game or to give it a go if he can play at that high level more often than not. He seems like a great kid, humble and respectful and those traits are a positive. He has, I think  about 2.5 pro seasons under his belt. Let's be a bit patient and see how the rest of the season goes.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

My opinion, considering he went to where he did, is that he still needs some development  I personally think it has to be done and must be done, pretty well any player needs to have things to work on and does need coaching.

Canada Soccer is the best place of development for Koné. Learning, progressing, etc.

We saw how he was developped with Canada Soccer. From being a child. To become a men.  

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Kone's inconsistency is a problem, you can't be so off and on, and so glaringly. It is better to be putting up 6/10 games where no one notices you and your team is getting a result. 

My opinion, considering he went to where he did, is that he still needs some development but not all coaches want to do this with a guy into his 20s already. I personally think it has to be done and must be done, pretty well any player needs to have things to work on and does need coaching.

If anything Watford set back his development 2 years.  He gained experience playing at a good level, but there was no guidance or system, Watford was an absolute wreck.  Everyone was just playing for themselves.  He's had what, 5 coaches in under 3 years (without counting national teams)?  He needs some stability and confidence, I'm sure he'll pull it together.

16 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He had the same problem in Mtl - or at least I thought he did. Fortunately for us, he reserved his best games for the NT.

Edited by Sal333

22 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

Yeah Marseille fans are a very passionate but very demanding and fickle bunch.

I'd suggest they are amongst the elite of football supporters in the world.  He's going to have to take the good with the bad but as they say, if he can make it there he can make it anywhere.

If he survives Marseille everything that follows will be a walk in the park.