Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

2 minutes ago, AvroArrow said:

Guys, guys, guys, he came on against a team that was basically sitting with 11 men on the 18 yard box so he had a lot of space.  He didn't make any mistakes, which is great but lets temper things a bit here.

I think we’re all looking at this within the context. It’s a national team debut at 19 also, so, ya know.

Just now, toontownman said:

Looked smooth as fuck. He is at that exciting, young, no fear, breakthrough stage where half the beauty and unpredictabilty hasnt beem coached out of him yet or other teams sussed him out and shut him down.

Looking forward to seeing more in the next couple of games.

Here I am, on the brink of qualification (and not getting it done after a gutsy performance in central America), and I'm dreaming about this new kid Kone in a Canada shirt for the next 20 years 

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Fraser has been fine when called upon. It really depends on which of today's starters, if any, sits out. Kone is a good Osorio replacement, but Fraser better fits the bill for Eustaquio and arguably Atiba.

no way Osorio doesn't start in Toronto.

I would love to see him get the start against Jamaica and see what he can do from the start of the match and against a stronger more physical opponent than Costa Rica.  Some of us may get our wish with Kaye out and both Eustaquio and Hutch going 90.  Not sure Hutch can do it again on 3 days rest and then with Kaye out I wouldn't be surprised to see a starting midfield of Osorio, Eustaquio and Kone.  Obviously, Fraser is another option but I think more of a replacement for Eustaquio than Kaye.

Kone is alot better versus teams that doesn't sit deep. He can run, turn and give that through ball.

But today he showed patience and I love that.

Of course he wasn't tested at all defensively, but before the MLS season ends, he'll have climbed into the depth chart.

Fair point to those pointing out the small sample and the specific circumstances last night, but I have to admit that this kid has me irrationally excited about his potential.  And I agree that his ultimate development should be prioritized by everyone who has a say in the matter (versus just piling pressure on him until he breaks), but there is just something in the way he plays - calm, efficient, and effective - that really makes me think he can be something special.  At this point I would bet on him being a significant player for our national program for the next decade.