Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

On 7/14/2024 at 6:28 AM, PastPros said:

Marsch had interesting comments about him in the post-game press conference. 

(Paraphrasing)

He said Kone is carrying a lot of guilt about the missed penalty and that, in general, Kone is very hard on himself.

Kone is likely the type of person who is never satisfied with their performance and always thinks they can be better.

Similar profile to Phonzie:  both good kids, super responsible, maybe too responsible to the point where they feel everything depends on them.  My hope for both of them as they mature (because they're both still younger than my daughters, which blows my mind) is that they learn to keep the fire, but let go of the guilt and the weight of "everyone is counting on me".

Edited by shorty

7 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Marseille seem to be throwing money at the midfield still, as they’ve now signed Hojbjerg to go with Kone and Greenwood. 

Greenwood shouldn't be an issue, he will be on the wing or even up front. 

DeZerbi has played with at least 3 central midfielders in pretty much all the games I have seen.

The more withdrawn 2 were people like Caicedo and Mac Alistair early and Gross and Billy Gilmour later.

Gross or Lalana or recently Buonanotte or Enciso were in the more forward spot(s).

There are a lot of central midfielders at OM. (Though rumours are they are trying to get rid of a couple older ones.)

Not sure Kone was walking into any spot but there should be chances.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

44 minutes ago, costarg said:

51?  What is this, Nascar?

And I thought the NASCAR reference was in relation to the number of advertisements on the jersey, reminds me of a Swedish ice hockey jersey. What can you do, club's gotta pay dem bills someway. 

Edited by Macksam

8 hours ago, Macksam said:

And I thought the NASCAR reference was in relation to the number of advertisements on the jersey, reminds me of a Swedish ice hockey jersey. What can you do, club's gotta pay dem bills someway. 

Swedish football is just as bad. Check out what they have Marco Bustos wearing over there.

Speaking of Kone jerseys, anyone find a way to get a customizable Canadian jersey with #8 Koné? I’d like to send one to my cousin in England.

Canada Soccer Store seemingly doesn’t have him as an option when choosing “Pick-A-Player”.

12 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

Speaking of Kone jerseys, anyone find a way to get a customizable Canadian jersey with #8 Koné? I’d like to send one to my cousin in England.

Canada Soccer Store seemingly doesn’t have him as an option when choosing “Pick-A-Player”.

Have you tried a jersey shop like Evangelista Sports?