Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

5 hours ago, jonovision said:

Is he? If he had blasted the ball you could have made the argument for violent conduct, but not in this instance.

Put it this way, "violent conduct" is very subjective, and when you have a beguiled ref along with the Academy-worthy performance of one RDP, the line between playful and violent can become quite blurry...

1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

When this kids game is on he’s Canadas best player… he’s only 22. Genuine world class potential.

One of those matches where the half time whistle is your enemy.   You just want to keep going, and going, and ...

Dare I ask it: Is Kone our best player (yet)? I mean, we all agree that if he continues to put up performances like this one, and the second game against the Argies, and the game against France, that he is our best player, right? I love Davies and David, and I think Staq is almost always our most important player, but Kone has the ability to blow past all of them. What an exciting player!

Just now, sebdeserio said:

A roller coaster of a tournament for him. Awful group stage resulting in him not starting the Chile and Venezuela games, then the transfer gets settled, he comes on and scores his pen against Venezuela and shows a new level for the next 2 games.

That's been him at Watford really.  Hopefully new situation lets the pure class show and makes him an everyday top midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Dare I ask it: Is Kone our best player (yet)? I mean, we all agree that if he continues to put up performances like this one, and the second game against the Argies, and the game against France, that he is our best player, right? I love Davies and David, and I think Staq is almost always our most important player, but Kone has the ability to blow past all of them. What an exciting player!

Just needs some consistency from game to game.  Great game tonight, got better as the tournament went on.

7 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

A roller coaster of a tournament for him. Awful group stage resulting in him not starting the Chile and Venezuela games, then the transfer gets settled, he comes on and scores his pen against Venezuela and shows a new level for the next 2 games.

Right?

Marsch and others have raised the point that players need to experience being on the anvil to know how to be deal with being on that anvil.  And he did. 

For the rest of his career, may it be long and prosperous, he'll bring with him the experience of having played his way onto the bench at the Copa Americas and then responded strongly enough to play his way back into the starting 11 and earning MoTM honours in his team's finale. 

And all that, in the space of 5 matches?  

That's how Lions are fashioned.

1 hour ago, YorkRegionFan said:

If he can learn that consistency at Marseille, boy, Marseille will hit the jackpot with his next transfer.

If you're Marseille, you're not looking to move him on.  Big club trying to find a way to really contend again.  This is the player you keep as long as you can in order to do so.

French speaking kid and a super nice young man. 

Met him in Montréal, he's going to feel so at home in Marseille compared to Watford and in a fantastic development program. 

Long ways to go still for him, consistency will be key, but very bright future. Very excited and happy for him, kid works so hard. 

12 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

French speaking kid and a super nice young man. 

Met him in Montréal, he's going to feel so at home in Marseille compared to Watford and in a fantastic development program. 

Long ways to go still for him, consistency will be key, but very bright future. Very excited and happy for him, kid works so hard. 

I agree…met him once and had a bit of a chat.  Nice kid and young!  I love how he has that little bit of swagger to and performances to back it up.  Marseille will be a very hot place (especially with their Ultras); hope he keeps his head and makes them love him.

Marsch had interesting comments about him in the post-game press conference. 

(Paraphrasing)

He said Kone is carrying a lot of guilt about the missed penalty and that, in general, Kone is very hard on himself.

Kone is likely the type of person who is never satisfied with their performance and always thinks they can be better.

47 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

Let’s hope Ligue 1 gets a TV deal soon or we won’t be able to watch our guy.  They’re not in Europe either so we’d be fucked all around.

With Bair being linked to Auxerre as well I hope this gets settled soon.

DAZN is rumoured to be front runner. 

14 minutes ago, PastPros said:

Marsch had interesting comments about him in the post-game press conference. 

(Paraphrasing)

He said Kone is carrying a lot of guilt about the missed penalty and that, in general, Kone is very hard on himself.

Kone is likely the type of person who is never satisfied with their performance and always thinks they can be better.

Right when he stepped up I felt he would try to replicate his last penalty and Rochet obviously had it read. Should have just put his laces through it. 

9 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

His penalty in the shootout...I still can't get over why he would stutter step like that. The goalkeeper will easily be able to figure out what way he would go by him doing that. He should have went for power.

He stutter stepped vs Venezuela and the goalie didn't figure it out.