Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

Really need a bounce back game from Kone this weekend. Still holding onto hope that it’s pitch related and hopefully Orlando is better. Eustaquio did mention that the pitch wasn’t watered before the match or at halftime and it was too bumpy. Maybe this is affecting Kone more than others?

Not trying to make excuses for him, just looking for something to give me some hope that he can turn it around. He’s obviously lost his confidence after some bad giveaways but maybe if he can get some good touches on a good pitch he’ll get back in rhythm.

Everytime I see him speak I come away so impressed with how humble and wise he is for such a young dude. He's quickly becoming my favourite player and with his development track those top clubs aren't out of the question for him!

I hope he shows all he can do against Chile because Kone at his best can be the difference between us winning and losing.

On 6/26/2024 at 6:12 AM, Obinna said:

Yeah, Marseille is probably the safest step up the ladder of the 3 clubs, but for me the least exciting. Don't get me wrong, I would be very happy and it's definitely a step up and it's a big club, but with how PSG wins every year he probably won't challenge for the title.

....although I am sure many said the same about David :D

Of the three, Marseilles have the best stadium, best kit, and best history (only one with a European Cup in the cabinet). Great move for the kid!

Pretty excited about this one as well. OM is a great step for him and being in Ligue 1 should fit him on and off the field. Not to mention he has a former teammate with him there in Sarr. 

Now let's see Bombito to Lyon get done. I know we've been speculating whether he'd get loaned to Botafogo first, and that'd be an interesting challenge, but I really hope he goes straight to Lyon, even if it means he is a bench player next season, which would probably be likely, I assume.

Wasn't there also an affiliated Belgian club. I don't know what division (2nd?), but maybe it'd make more sense to loan him there, even though it'd be a downgrade from MLS. Personally, I don't want to see any loan here. I want him to go straight in and take his chance with Lyon when it comes.

1 hour ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Funny how tournament qualification creates this circle of higher league interest, followed (I assume) by more tournament qualifications. It took us so bloody long to get on the merry go round, but it sure feels great now that we're here.

Thinking back about 10 years ago, none if this seemed even remotely possible.  It is nice to now have “first world problems” in a footy context.  

“Oh, Tajon isn’t yet starting at Inter Milan”

”Man all this talk of David going to big clubs is really dragging on”

”OMG, Will Davies ever go to Madrid or just re-sign with Bayern”

Yeah, I will take it. 

I heard talk of players with citizenship of French speaking African nations counting as domestic in League 1. Didn't know thay had a domestic rule but ok. I wonder if this could be a motivation for French teams to invest in Quebec CPL. That could be a nice little pipeline for them. Maybe even that domestic rule extended to Quebec. Probably not but just throwing that out there 

5 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I heard talk of players with citizenship of French speaking African nations counting as domestic in League 1. Didn't know thay had a domestic rule but ok. I wonder if this could be a motivation for French teams to invest in Quebec CPL. That could be a nice little pipeline for them. Maybe even that domestic rule extended to Quebec. Probably not but just throwing that out there 

It would be a pretty big incentive to develop players here if it came to pass.  

19 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Would start to see a trend of PLSQ to Ligue 1 if the Bombito rumours are real. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

17 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Funny how tournament qualification creates this circle of higher league interest, followed (I assume) by more tournament qualifications. It took us so bloody long to get on the merry go round, but it sure feels great now that we're here.

A hot run in a major tourney makes things happen for players, even lesser like guys who get their Andy Warhol moments:  Stefan Marinovic stood on his head in goal for New Zealand at the Conferations Cup and turned that into a move to the Whitecaps!  

More seriously, I think about the Czech guys in 1996 following the Euros or Gazza and David Platt leaving an impression and eventually going to Serie A following Italia '90 

As an old school V I still have trouble wrapping my head around this golden generation for Canada. Not that long ago, a player at Marseille would have been our "star", but today we have players at Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Porto, Mallorca, Lille, Celtic, Granada, Marseille... AND THEY ALL PLAY. Crazy times!

Congrats Ismael!

Edited by Bertuzzi44

26 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Not that long ago, a player at Marseille would have been our "star", but today we have players at Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Porto, Mallorca, Lille, Celtic, Granada, Marseille... AND THEY ALL PLAY. Crazy times!

Except, he never gets selected. Every other player on the teams you mentioned is a starter for us, but somehow, the guy at Granada can't even make the team. It's really odd. 

1 hour ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

As an old school V I still have trouble wrapping my head around this golden generation for Canada. Not that long ago, a player at Marseille would have been our "star", but today we have players at Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Porto, Mallorca, Lille, Celtic, Granada, Marseille... AND THEY ALL PLAY. Crazy times!

Congrats Ismael!

It's hard to even imagine calling a player that's unable to find a contract these days. We have players contributing regularly at decent levels that aren't close to getting called 

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Except, he never gets selected. Every other player on the teams you mentioned is a starter for us, but somehow, the guy at Granada can't even make the team. It's really odd. 

We have probably done this before, I can't keep track but it's not odd, if we are honest.

Everyone else that has limited minutes at  good sized (and better) clubs has proved huge amounts with Canada - Eustaquio, Buchanan, Larin, even Davies at points.  Corbeanu is not in that category.  He's not a prospect we need to bring into the system at this point and he's not playing close to regularly.

Hopefully that changes.

We are at a point where being in a good league doesn't magically get you called up.