Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

18 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Stone age managers. 

So classless to call out a player for something so minor, instead of having his back.

Lack of effort isn't minor in any football game, especially in one where you have gifted a goal and eventually the game because of it.

The way the results went at the weekend, a win would really have put them back in the playoff picture.  

Horrible performance by the players.  Did you watch it?

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Stone age managers. 

So classless to call out a player for something so minor, instead of having his back.

Have you watched much Watford this season, especially since January? I watched their game yesterday, and I dunno… there wasn’t a single player in yellow who looked like they gave a damn, Kone included. If I was a manager with nothing to lose, I’d make the same frustrated observation.

that said, hearing people saying that he did this towards the end of his tenure with middlesboro as well, and his time there played out similar to how it has with Watford, so I don’t think he’s exactly blameless here.

Watch them replace him with Scott Parker next year.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Have you watched much Watford this season, especially since January? I watched their game yesterday, and I dunno… there wasn’t a single player in yellow who looked like they gave a damn, Kone included. If I was a manager with nothing to lose, I’d make the same frustrated observation.

that said, hearing people saying that he did this towards the end of his tenure with middlesboro as well, and his time there played out similar to how it has with Watford, so I don’t think he’s exactly blameless here.

Watch them replace him with Scott Parker next year.

I watched one Watford match earlier on, when Kone started.

As I said, you can't play 46 league games a year and ask for the players to be on for each one. It's asinine. 

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I watched one Watford match earlier on, when Kone started.

As I said, you can't play 46 league games a year and ask for the players to be on for each one. It's asinine. 

Yeah, like I said above, first time away from home, it’s Ramadan, he’s already played a full MLS season and significant international minutes too, it’s not an easy situation for him to perform every single game. He seems to have really good games following benching, so I guess he’s benched next game and the following one he has a solid game. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Shway said:

Is that what's being rumoured? That would be  a quick move. 

Wasn’t that always the plan? Get used to the game in Watford and go to Udinese in the summer. That was what was being said when he got transferred. Not sure if that’s still the plan, he was still very up and down this season and another year at Watford might be what he needs, but I think Watford was always supposed to be very temporary, at least that’s what was being said last winter.

Unfortunately, Watford being seen as temporary showed in a number of players' effort and decisions.  Playing for themselves rather than any kind of team ethic.   They enough talent to be in the automatic promotion question.

No idea what the environment would be like at Udinese but not a fan the attitude shown around him at Watford.

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Unfortunately, Watford being seen as temporary showed in a number of players' effort and decisions.  Playing for themselves rather than any kind of team ethic.   They enough talent to be in the automatic promotion question.

No idea what the environment would be like at Udinese but not a fan the attitude shown around him at Watford.

Weren’t they at or around auto promotion when Kone got transferred? I feel like there was a distinct possibility that he could play in the premier league next year when the move was made, and they just immediately sank to the bottom during the second half. 

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Weren’t they at or around auto promotion when Kone got transferred? I feel like there was a distinct possibility that he could play in the premier league next year when the move was made, and they just immediately sank to the bottom during the second half. 

They were in the playoff places (or briefly better) for most of the season until February. 

To be fair, if you know your manager is temporary - 18 managers in the last 10 years - everything is going to feel temporary.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

They were in the playoff places (or briefly better) for most of the season until February. 

To be fair, if you know your manager is temporary - 18 managers in the last 10 years - everything is going to feel temporary.

I know they had a ton of injuries around that time too. Feel like there were 3 or 4 midfielders that caught serious injuries around the time Kone came in, which is why he became a starter right off the bat. Would hate to be a Watford fan this year.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

All going to depend on who they appoint as manager. 

It almost doesn't for me because if you look at that list of managers, a few have gone on to do decent things but were still not given any kind of chance. 

Silva has done well with Fulham

Rob Edwards is the Luton manager and they are playing this weekend in the playoffs

Hodgeson has steered Palace well clear of relegation when they were right in it. 

Quique Sánchez Flores was just fired (I believe) as a La Liga manager. 

Javi Garcia had La Liga and Premier League jobs (at least briefly)

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I know they had a ton of injuries around that time too. Feel like there were 3 or 4 midfielders that caught serious injuries around the time Kone came in, which is why he became a starter right off the bat. Would hate to be a Watford fan this year.

They lost their midfield leadership to be sure.  Cleverley, the club captain has been gone most of the year; Gosling was ruled out for the year in November. Not world beaters but know what you need in that division. Kayembe was a similar timeline. And Tom Dele-Bashiru.  Louza was gone when Kone came but has been back for at least a couple months. 

3 hours ago, Shway said:

Is that what's being rumoured? That would be  a quick move. 

Watford and Udinese share the same ownership, so there were some comments (can't remember if it was OneSoccer or elsewhere) that the Watford move was just a stepping stone. Obviously we have no idea how accurate those reports were.

Personally I'd like to see him stay at Watford and let him grow into his role rather than move again. He's been very solid, but also inconsistent. Let him develop a bit more and hopefully start to dominate in his role. The champ is by no mean a bad level, especially if he's meant to be battling for promotion like Watford hope to do

20 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Hodgeson has steered Palace well clear of relegation when they were right in it. 

To be fair, they were sitting in 12th with an easy run of fixtures on the horizon when they hired him and they're still sitting 12th as it stands