Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

3 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Nice run by Kone. Great pace and strength on the ball, and a solid assist. The gaffer will certainly take note.

Also great cut in with the ball to go around the defender and put him between the defender and the ball that made for an easy pass.  Many players would continue to push the ball forward and then cross which would give the defender the chance to block the cross and would make the cross more difficult to excecute.

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Also great cut in with the ball to go around the defender and put him between the defender and the ball that made for an easy pass.  Many players would continue to push the ball forward and then cross which would give the defender the chance to block the cross and would make the cross more difficult to excecute.

totally agree. it was a sequence of very strong, smart moves. folks will notice. curious to see how fast kone will become over time. sprinters do not hit full maturity until their late 20s, normally. he can still get faster and stronger. Incredible.

16 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Starting against Birmingham.

rumor is Sir Elton was so disgusted with how they were treating their young future star and called the manager directly.

You mean between the Oscars ceremony and the private party he did for his personal foundation against AIDS--that is a real footy fan.

15 hours ago, An Observer said:

His spatial awareness is off the charts.  He sees and uses the space so quickly, and the way he protects the ball is so impressive.  Its like he studied each of Wanyama's tricks.  You'd think he just absobs information and muscle memory.

My money is on this guy to soar really high.

Edited by costarg

The one soccer guys were talking about how they expect a 4-4-2 in their prediction video. Having Kone and Eustaquio make such a midfield possible, I think. Both of these guys have big range and can get around the park. They are both two-way players as well. We've heard Galindo talk about how Kone has improved his defense at Watford. Eustaquio obviously has no troubles defensively. Both have offensive capabilities as well, as we've seen this season. 

At the World Cup, I think Herdman was hesitant to start Kone, but now I think he'll get unleashed. Honduras and Curacao are no Belgium, Croatia or Morocco. Kone is now a World Cup vet and doing well in the Championship with Watford. I think him and Stach pair up in the midfield. Kone is ready.... 

25 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The one soccer guys were talking about how they expect a 4-4-2 in their prediction video. Having Kone and Eustaquio make such a midfield possible, I think. Both of these guys have big range and can get around the park. They are both two-way players as well. We've heard Galindo talk about how Kone has improved his defense at Watford. Eustaquio obviously has no troubles defensively. Both have offensive capabilities as well, as we've seen this season. 

At the World Cup, I think Herdman was hesitant to start Kone, but now I think he'll get unleashed. Honduras and Curacao are no Belgium, Croatia or Morocco. Kone is now a World Cup vet and doing well in the Championship with Watford. I think him and Stach pair up in the midfield. Kone is ready.... 

Why did this line/scene immediately pop into my head? 

Wrestler GIF

Edited by PegCityCam

22 minutes ago, Obinna said:

What a revelation Kone is for the CMNT going forward.   Assuming he doesn’t completely stall out, he should be a core piece of our midfield for a decade - and should be in prime form for 2026.   And everything about him - attitude, skillset and physique - suggests he won’t stall but will continue to progress.