Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

Watford are another frustrating team to watch: lots of individual talent and players that have played at higher levels (Sarr, Choudry, Gaspar, Hoedt etc.) But don't look like a team a lot of the time. Their transfer strategy and Bilic (as much as I like him and aspects of his management) does little to help that. 

Cleverly made a difference when he came on, hopefully Kone can learn a little from his mentality at least.

6 minutes ago, QBCS said:

How'd he do

I thought he looked okay.  Some really important interventions, mostly a defensive posture.  He's still adapting and the Championship is a tough league.  Sometimes he looks out of his depth, sometimes he looks like he belongs.  In my opinion its more the latter than the former.

It'll come.

14 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I thought he looked okay.  Some really important interventions, mostly a defensive posture.  He's still adapting and the Championship is a tough league.  Sometimes he looks out of his depth, sometimes he looks like he belongs.  In my opinion its more the latter than the former.

It'll come.

He’s also playing somewhat of a hybrid role. He’s high  and wide in attack, but then he drops into the middle at times defensively.

2 minutes ago, frmr said:

I was watching passively while working and I honestly didn't even notice him in the game.

If we ignore the fee and the hype around Kone, this is probably a good thing. A 20-year old Canadian has basically walked into the Watford, who are racing toward EPL promotion, and he basically goes unnoticed (i.e., he's slotted in and is doing his job). 

If he would’ve scored on that open net he missed, the start to his Watford career would look a lot like his start with Montreal. He didn’t put together a MOTM performance every game, but you see the development from week to week. I think the fact that he’s turning in similar performances at Watford as he did at Montreal is very encouraging. He was also reinserted into the starting lineup which was really awesome to see.