Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

9 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

One thing is for certain, he's destined for a top 5 league. 

He is really remarkable.  In terms of technical ability, he may have the most natural talent of anyone on our team.  His feet, his vision, his calmness on the ball, his decision-making, are all on-point and well beyond his years.  But he still has lots of room to grow.

And that makes his next move both important and uncertain - does he need minutes (e.g. Championship team) or does he need field time with world-class players (e.g. EPL team)?  The smart answer is both of course, but the choices rarely lend themselves to an easy analysis.  For instance, Davies moved to Bayern and was immediately mired (rightfully) behind 4 wingers on the depth chart (Robben, Ribery, Gnabry, Coman).  If it wasn't for injuries on the backline, and a coach desperate to win games, he may not have cracked that lineup for a long time.  (He still hasn't cracked the lineup in his natural winger position.)  If I had to choose one over the other, it would be minutes.  He should go to a place there's a good chance he'll play a lot. 

While he is still naive in parts of his play, which will only improve with games and experience, DAMN he is smooth beyond his years too. A really exciting talent that seems to be getting better and better. I hope he gets the next move right and that it is a positive environment for his growth. He doesn't need rushing.

Quick roadie down from Ottawa to watch the game. Echoing what many have said, seeing him live make all these little subtle plays with the ball, his movement, this guy is the whole package. I would like to see him be a bit more assertive in attacking the box. I find he tends to push the ball out to the wing at times when maybe he could make a run at the CB’s. What a potential player he could be.

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

This kid starting a game in Qatar would not be crazy at all. He's ready.

I could see him in Qatar.  Starting for one of the first two games?  I doubt it becasue JH seems pretty set.   But as a sub? I can see that.   I could see him starting maybe the third game if there little at stake in in the result of that game.  Of course we are hoping that that is not the case.   But if he is in picture for 2026, then I could see a start in in the third game.   

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, EJsens1 said:

Quick roadie down from Ottawa to watch the game. Echoing what many have said, seeing him live make all these little subtle plays with the ball, his movement, this guy is the whole package. I would like to see him be a bit more assertive in attacking the box. I find he tends to push the ball out to the wing at times when maybe he could make a run at the CB’s. What a potential player he could be.

Yeah.  I thought the same.  An immense talent and silky smooth skills but I think he could be more assertive in attacking the box and making runs in and around it.  I suspect that will come with more time playing at a professional level.  I also think he needs to work a lot on his left foot especially in turning to his right using his left.  He can be a bit one dimensional by almost always turning to his left using his right which I suspect teams will start to scout and shut down more.  That being said, he did have a great first touch and finish with his left on the goal so I suspect he has it in him. I also wonder if he can shoot from distance which would be something else to have in his locker.

He does just seem a cut above all the players on the pitch today and you can see his ceiling as just being so much higher than any one of them.  But lots to still work on so I hope the attitude he shows in interviews is his real attitude so he can really reach his upper limit in the next few years.  I do drool over him and Eustaquio being our two central midfielders in 2026.

4 hours ago, Free kick said:

I could see him in Qatar.  Starting for one of the first two games?  I doubt it becasue JH seems pretty set.   But as a sub? I can see that.   I could see him starting maybe the third game if there little at stake in in the result of that game.  Of course we are hoping that that is not the case.   But if he is in picture for 2026, then I could see a start in in the third game.   

2026 he's definitely a starter

Just now, Floortom said:

Personally I'm worried his price tag is going to price him out of better situations. I would much prefer he goes to a top tier intermediate club like Salzburg or Brugge before landing with a big club in a top league. He clearly has a ton of talent but still has to develop some really basic skills. 

Absolutely. Would love to see him in Belgium, Switzerland or Austria where he can play at a high level but also breakthrough in continental competition. Perfectly sets players up.