Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

9 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Given we will be without Osorio, Wotherspoon, Atiba,  I’m starting to think we can expect a few unexpected faces.

I expect Kone will be one.  Perhaps Nelson?  I’m starting to think we’re even going to see Fraser.

Atiba should be there. De Guzman said on TSN tonight that he’s healthy and ready for games. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 hours ago, phresh said:

Not many people in attendance but Saputo stadium is rocking right now.

Montreal this season is really a great story.  As a TFC fan, I’m jealous… they’ve built a TEAM the right way.  Watching them a week and a half ago at BMO I’d say with the exception of the first 10 minutes that saw them trailing 2-0, it was probably the finest and most complete performances I’ve seen from an MLS team over the years.  It’s great to see Kone getting a chance (and taking it) to flourish with this group.  

if the team is fully healthy i would hope that they still bring 30-32 players to camp. I think they have their 23 picked it just comes down to the 3 players they need extra. The build up to a world cup will be valuable for young players even if they just train. 

I also expect that Nelson will be moving to europe soon. 

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Absolute joke that he wasn’t credited with an assist on the first goal last night. What criteria would disqualify an assist? That’s about as clear cut as it gets. Milijevic had an assist on the Wanyama goal last Friday that was the same. 

Anyone able to explain this? 

Maybe it took a slight deflection before getting to Kamara? No idea.

MLS could add the assist later, I've seen that happen in the past.

1 minute ago, RS said:

Maybe it took a slight deflection before getting to Kamara? No idea.

MLS could add the assist later, I've seen that happen in the past.

That’s what I thought because I remember this happening to Laryea and Buchanan but I’m not seeing it. Even then, a deflection taking away an assist but not a goal is nonsensical. 

I've been a little hard on Kone but I have to say last night's game was the most complete game I have seen from him. Offensively he was clinical and defensively he was masterful. His attention was 100% on the game all night long. He made one errant pass in the game and it was when he was under pressure and instead of passing to the CB he attempted a pass to the winger and flubbed it. Fortunately it flew into the stands.

This is a Kone I would definitely bring to Qatar!

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

I've been a little hard on Kone but I have to say last night's game was the most complete game I have seen from him. Offensively he was clinical and defensively he was masterful. His attention was 100% on the game all night long. He made one errant pass in the game and it was when he was under pressure and instead of passing to the CB he attempted a pass to the winger and flubbed it. Fortunately it flew into the stands.

This is a Kone I would definitely bring to Qatar!

Only really seen highlights but if he can get consistent, it sounds like he can fill one of the most important gaps we have in the squad currently.  

Needs a long hard look in the friendlies, I would guess.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

My take on Kone from seeing him live last night is that it's clear he has that extra level of skill you see from players with a future outside of MLS. His passes are crisper and quicker, he moves with confidence, he gets himself into the right positions, he's not afraid to make some flashy plays like his "assist" on the first goal, and despite all this, it's still clear he's extremely raw- he definitely has another big leap to make, and that's so exciting. Not to mention, he's very much a key player for Montreal at this point, not just an unknown quantity prospect- like if this is his absolute peak, he'd be a starter for CF Montreal for the next decade. I think you bring him to Qatar, and you bring him to play, not just give a young guy a nice little experience.

18 hours ago, Corazon said:

Given we will be without Osorio, Wotherspoon, Atiba,  I’m starting to think we can expect a few unexpected faces.

I expect Kone will be one.  Perhaps Nelson?  I’m starting to think we’re even going to see Fraser.

Oso is confirmed to miss Qatar?