Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

9 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Well said. People need to relax. He is super raw. Give him time. Also, with huge amounts of new people watching our national team and jumping on the train, over reactions and hot takes are to be expected. Unfortunately that is a byproduct of a successful program

.....and we have one :)

thumb_ooh-yeah-um-im-going-to-have-to-go

We have come a long way in a very short time...but a successful program needs legs.  We havnt taken the youth teams serious for years...poor coaches, no camps, no money, no games, no preparation for tournies etc etc.  If we want to keep guys like Kone in the program, and stop this FLORES/MITROVIC soap opera baloney, we need to be serious about the youth set up.  Sort these kids out and get them on stream when they are 16-17, wearing the maple leaf and playing games for us before they hit the senior team.  The stuff proper football programs do.  

On 4/1/2022 at 4:22 PM, Bison44 said:

thumb_ooh-yeah-um-im-going-to-have-to-go

We have come a long way in a very short time...but a successful program needs legs.  We havnt taken the youth teams serious for years...poor coaches, no camps, no money, no games, no preparation for tournies etc etc.  If we want to keep guys like Kone in the program, and stop this FLORES/MITROVIC soap opera baloney, we need to be serious about the youth set up.  Sort these kids out and get them on stream when they are 16-17, wearing the maple leaf and playing games for us before they hit the senior team.  The stuff proper football programs do.  

The World Cup windfall should help.  Bontis mentioned the youth team camps as a top priority for the WC money

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

For what it is worth, he was the lowest rated CF Montreal player on Sofascore.

I see on the highlights that he forced the Cincy keeper into a good save with a quickly taken right footed shot from distance.  No hesistation or looking to lay it off first.  Good to see.

14 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anyone know how he did today for CFM?   I watched the TFC game.  

14 hours ago, toontownman said:

Heard he played well, certainly in the first half.

Let me put it this way: if he continues to play like he did last night no one on the national team has to worry about losing their  midfield position to him for the Qatar WC.

Edited by Sal333

Ok I’m gonna say it…. Kone is not making the World Cup team and if he is we are in serious trouble. People on here, Facebook, OneSoccer  and Twitter please relax !!! He’s a 19 year old talented kid that has played only 8 real game. God I see Montreal fans just going crazy. Relax !!! Please stop being SO stupid and use your brain not your heart for this one. He looked good for 10 mins vs a Park the bus CR team and not very good against a decent Panama team. 

this World Cup is gonna bring out some stupid fans. It’s the same with Shaffelburg. My family and friends from the east coast are going crazy and saying oh he’s gonna make the World Cup. “He got pick for team Canada once, he’s an amazing player. “ Again if Shaffelburg makes the world cup we are in trouble. 

Edited by SpecialK

On 4/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, SpecialK said:

Ok I’m gonna say it…. Kone is not making the World Cup team and if he is we are in serious trouble. People on here, Facebook, OneSoccer  and Twitter please relax !!! He’s a 19 year old talented kid that has played only 8 real game. God I see Montreal fans just going crazy. Relax !!! Please stop being SO stupid and use your brain not your heart for this one. He looked good for 10 mins vs a Park the bus CR team and not very good against a decent Panama team. 

this World Cup is gonna bring out some stupid fans. It’s the same with Shaffelburg. My family and friends from the east coast are going crazy and saying oh he’s gonna make the World Cup. “He got pick for team Canada once, he’s an amazing player. “ Again if Shaffelburg makes the world cup we are in trouble

Well, they both could go on an incredible run of form from now until the season end, which leads into the World Cup. Looks like you need to relax a little as well, whether they get called or not is not so black and white. 

Speaking of form, somebody give me the QRD on how he did today.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

Well, they both could go on an incredible run of form from now until the season end, which leads into the World Cup. Looks like you need to relax a little as well, whether they get called or not is not so black and white. 

I didn’t watch the game but I was intrigued to check his stats.  Won a fair amount of duels but I read that his passing completion was 52% on the game and he lost possession 13 times.

I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment if the eye test was better than the stats on FotMob.

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

4 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I didn’t watch the game but I was intrigued to check his stats.  Won a fair amount of duels but I read that his passing completion was 52% on the game and he lost possession 13 times.

I didn’t see the game so I can’t comment if the eye test was better than the stats on FotMob.

Those stats are pretty much the story. Actually, I thought his passing was worse than stated in those stats.

16 hours ago, Corazon said:

Ya, he had a pretty bad game passing wise, most of the passes were placed well enough, but perhaps a tad not crisp enough vs the RedBulls famed high press.  Growing pains, he'll adapt, adjust and it'll make him better.

He played more defensively today, almost like a deep lying midfielder distributing the ball out. He was excellent in this role, played some great passes out to the wingers throughout the first half and and early part of the second. I think Nancy is giving him a specific role to play each week, developing a different aspect to his game, great thinking in my opinion to have him eventually become a complete midfielder. 

He needs to work on his strikes from outside the box though, and he fizzled out the last half hour, but that was like the rest of his teammates so I'm not going to really knock him for that considering it seemed like a team issue.

Edited by Macksam

• 1 month later...