Rida Zouhir

PopePouri

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

He is currently in Morocco. Does anyone know if he was called up to one of their youth camps?

Yes it’s likely. I don’t see why he would be there now.

also, he’s born here so yeah I mean sure he could have family there but I’d imagine he’s called to their u20.

Edited by Dominic94

3 hours ago, VinceA said:

Since the Canada camp is in April he could get called to that as well.

Yes.

The are no competitive matches for Morocco until the 2023 Africa U-20 Cup of Nations qualification start, which will likely be this fall. By then, either way, our fate will be decided.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Africa_U-20_Cup_of_Nations

Just now, PopePouri said:

Wouldn't the camp be during a non-FIFA window? I doubt Montreal would release him if that was the case.

If he's just a sub, and Hamdi and others return, pushing him down the depth chart, I think Montreal would let him leave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly the easiest way for him to decide who he wants to represent is to watch Canada vs Morocco at the world cup. It could be hard to decide now, but once the game starts, he'll probably find his brain start leaning towards one side hoping they win. That's the team you'll want to represent. 

Edited by rydermike
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 6:41 PM, VinceA said:

Do we know if he even played for the Morocco U20 team when he was called up? I can't find anything saying he did more than just go to a camp.

Check the same Instagram from the link below, he posted his "memories" of that camp and I think they are clips of him playing vs. Romania.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...