Jesse Costa

VinceA

• 5 weeks later...

It's still the best league in the Americas. If he ends up getting minutes that immediately puts him on the NT radar. Hell I think it would get him looks with the Portgual U23 team as well if we don't call him.

But playing time is not a given and he needs to still show a lot more than what we've seen in recent times.

17 minutes ago, Barthez-Battalion said:

It's still the best league in the Americas. If he ends up getting minutes that immediately puts him on the NT radar. Hell I think it would get him looks with the Portgual U23 team as well if we don't call him.

But playing time is not a given and he needs to still show a lot more than what we've seen in recent times.

Absolutely agree with everything above.  This is a massive move and I honestly have no idea how this unfolded.  Corinthians are similar to Braga in terms of player market value.  Honestly, they wouldn’t likely win the Portuguese league but they’d be right up there with Braga competing for top 3.  Which makes me wonder, how he was unable to find another team in the top flight of Portugal.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if he gets anywhere near playing time right away.  They’ve also just qualified for the semi finals of Copa Sudamerica.

1 hour ago, Barthez-Battalion said:

What’s the reserve system look like in Brazil? I’d be shocked if he’s with the first team to start. They have U21 or a B team or what?

Excellent move. Hope it works our for him. Given he was trialling with Charlton in L1 not that long ago I expect he won't be anywhere near the first team at Corinthians. He was training with Wolfsburgs first team at least. 

Also expect it puts him further from Portugals radar. Either way that's great experience from him in another unique environment. Best of luck Jesse.

Wow, shocking, but that’s a big make or break move. Happy we finally have a guy in Brazil to keep an eye on. 

Brazil league looks so brutal- Corinthians are indeed in the relegation zone (based on GD), but so is fluminense, one point behind them. Clubs like Santos, Curtiba, and America MG in Série B. Cutthroat. 

11 minutes ago, archer21 said:

What’s the reserve system look like in Brazil? I’d be shocked if he’s with the first team to start. They have U21 or a B team or what?

Apparently Corinthians disbanded their U23 a few years ago, so from what I can see, they have U20, and the A team. I think Costa is still 19, so he can play the remainder of the season (~10 games?) with the U20 and then try and make the big team next season. I think Brazil plays on a similar schedule to MLS. 

Corinthians are having a tough go in the league but also in Sudamericana semi. I'd be shocked if he cracks that roster but great news. Brazilian league is on a big trajectory at the moment. They've opened up to private ownership and gambling. As an example i think the Depay move came mostly from a gambling site's sponsorship. The stadiums are all improved and the crowds are big at the moment. I thought it was exciting when Bombito was linked to Botafogo. As the above stated, it's a very competitive league a the moment 

It makes me think of Johny Cordosa who went and made a name for himself with International then breaking in to the US and moving to LaLiga

Edited by SpursFlu

"I am very happy to have signed my first professional contract with @corinthians, it is an honour to sign for this historic club! I would like to thank everyone who has supported me along my journey and helped me reach this milestone in my career. I want to also thank my family, my agent @_tiagose and the rest of the guys at @conciliumsport . Lastly, thank you God!🙏🏻

GOOO CORINTHIANSSSSS‼️"

Screenshot_20241005_203632_Instagram.thumb.jpg.0d2932f5a6120c71fec4086de25c859b.jpgScreenshot_20241005_203650_Instagram.thumb.jpg.63d5690e10b9f4e09cedd0b5b075a8ca.jpg