Justin Smith

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They lost late 1-2. Average age is under 20. 

Only comment on Justin I saw was that he had the makings of a great player and could be future 1st team material. 

If it's still up I'll try to watch later.

I watched most of it. Did not understand any of the commentary. But I did hear Canadian a bunch of times. The quality of the telecast was fantastic while streamed from youtube to my tv. I was amazed at the quality of the telecast for a low level random game free on youtube. Announcer and color commentary, probably 5 or 6 camera angles. Huge visual step up from trying to watch him in the French National League last year.

He looks bigger than most of his teammates. New position as a midfielder after playing as a CB last year. Pretty well plays like a defensive midfielder. Most of his passes are very safe passes (alot moving backwards). He is very aware defensively. Broke up multiple attacks. Received a yellow card for a dumb tackle just outside the box. He is very aggressive defensively trying to breakup plays. Expected him to be subbed off cause of the yellow and his aggressive plays but he wasn't. He was very solid. This is a good level for him. I still think he has a chance of eventually being a CMNT member but he has a long way to go.

Can't believe Saliba is younger than him and already on the team

Edited by blueseeka

8 hours ago, blueseeka said:

I watched most of it. Did not understand any of the commentary. But I did hear Canadian a bunch of times. The quality of the telecast was fantastic while streamed from youtube to my tv. I was amazed at the quality of the telecast for a low level random game free on youtube. Announcer and color commentary, probably 5 or 6 camera angles. Huge visual step up from trying to watch him in the French National League last year.

He looks bigger than most of his teammates. New position as a midfielder after playing as a CB last year. Pretty well plays like a defensive midfielder. Most of his passes are very safe passes (alot moving backwards). He is very aware defensively. Broke up multiple attacks. Received a yellow card for a dumb tackle just outside the box. He is very aggressive defensively trying to breakup plays. Expected him to be subbed off cause of the yellow and his aggressive plays but he wasn't. He was very solid. This is a good level for him. I still think he has a chance of eventually being a CMNT member but he has a long way to go.

Can't believe Saliba is younger than him and already on the team

Very good report...I saw only last 10 and it seemed he was a CB 

About the production, have to remember it's a Liga team and they also broadcast their women out of that stadium, named after the captain Dani Jarque who died suddenly one preseason, immortalized beautifully by Iniesta after he scored the WC winner in 2010.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's starting away to Sabadell. No stream available.

He subbed out m 75… they lost to two 2nd half goals.

It's a young team, avg 19, and they'll have to find their feet. Another problem is that because their B is in fourth tier they loaned out a lot of quality guys to get higher tier minutes. 

He's started and is playing as a DM, no 6, really a double defensive pivot, as Espanyol is beating Olot 1-0 with 20 minutes to go. It's live in Catalan on the Espanyol channel.

Must say, the commentators really do like Justin

Edit: they win 1-0, he's very poised, distributes nicely, makes good decisions on the ball, knows how to draw fouls. At 21 he's the oldest player on their B team, most are u19.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist