Damiano Pecile

hmm sent to youth team at 19 for a year until hes 20 while he was training with first team in mls..not sure about this unless hes getting a realistic shot at the first team there..but looks like they have 30+ player roster as is often the case out there..even sending him to a first team in serie c to get minutes might have been more interesting

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

hmm sent to youth team at 19 for a year until hes 20 while he was training with first team in mls..not sure about this unless hes getting a realistic shot at the first team there..but looks like they have 30+ player roster as is often the case out there..even sending him to a first team in serie c to get minutes might have been more interesting

@GlassCityloan to buy ?

also glass has tweeted that they feel like some guys are too good for NA youth but not ready for the pro game so they send them overseas for a higher level of play. I’m paraphrasing as it was a while ago, but given they don’t have a reserve and that they can only loan 5 and the whole playing restrictions in Canada I get it. 

If you’re Pecile do you regret signing with the whitecaps ? He had Euro options... 

Edited by Dominic94

11 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

@GlassCityloan to buy ?

also glass has tweeted that they feel like some guys are too good for NA youth but not ready for the pro game so they send them overseas for a higher level of play. I’m paraphrasing as it was a while ago, but given they don’t have a reserve and that they can only loan 5 and the whole playing restrictions in Canada I get it. 

If you’re Pecile do you regret signing with the whitecaps ? He had Euro options... 

Yeah there’s a purchase option

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Your 19 and playing soccer in Venice  one of the most beautiful and magical cities in the world , ya it’s not the first team but your just one step away from playing with the first team in Seria A in Venice? Even if this kid’s soccer career eventually goes nowhere this experience will last him a lifetime of memories living and playing in one of the world’s most magical of cities .

45 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Your 19 and playing soccer in Venice  one of the most beautiful and magical cities in the world , ya it’s not the first team but your just one step away from playing with the first team in Seria A in Venice? Even if this kid’s soccer career eventually goes nowhere this experience will last him a lifetime of memories living and playing in one of the world’s most magical of cities .

Personally, I hate Venice.  Its a fucking tourist trap that is best avoided.  There's nothing magical about that in my mind.

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

Personally, I hate Venice.  Its a fucking tourist trap that is best avoided.  There's nothing magical about that in my mind.

To each is own bud, a good chance he will enjoy it and with a last name Pecile a good chance he will . As far as it being a tourist trap it is what it is , it’s still an incredible place in my opinion and if I was 19 and had the chance to play there wouldn’t think twice .

8 hours ago, johnyb said:

Loved Venice!I I found the best way to enjoy it is to spend a couple nights there. Most of the Tourists are gone in the evening as all the bus tours leave. Also if you're able to go in June or Sept you still get the beautiful weather without the congestion. 

I went in June, stayed in a beautiful villa 3 nights, still hated it.

On 8/31/2021 at 6:41 AM, An Observer said:

I get it but so many of the big European cities are tourist traps. They key is figuring out how to blend in with the locals and avoid the traps(or go see something off-season). I went in 1980...it was overpriced, our pensione was a dump and you could walk across the water on the floating garbage so it obviously stunk as well. And you know what...I loved it. The history alone is astounding. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...