Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Collecting has pros and cons sometimes.

Pro - Getting a Cyle Larin RC /25 (beating out that crooked fucker @dyslexic nam in claiming it) and a Patch /25 for a great price. Also Copa America Stickers very nice.

Con - Getting a Victor Loturi /25 and /50 for a great price and having them disappear in transit. 

20240627_134133.jpg

20240627_135208.jpg

Have you checked to see if @dyslexic nam intercepted the Loturi cards out of revenge? 😜

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Collecting has pros and cons sometimes.

Pro - Getting a Cyle Larin RC /25 (beating out that crooked fucker @dyslexic nam in claiming it) and a Patch /25 for a great price. Also Copa America Stickers very nice.

Con - Getting a Victor Loturi /25 and /50 for a great price and having them disappear in transit. 

20240627_134133.jpg

20240627_135208.jpg

I was half mad you beat me out for the Larin, but happy at least it went to a 🇨🇦 fan.  But mostly pissed off.  

Hey all - I checked out the price of the David Panini Instant Copa cards and I think it makes sense for us just to grab one each off eBay.  The seller must be getting better bulk pricing because if I order 5 (the most likely quantity for 1-2 each for the usual suspects) it is $50 USD including shipping.  After the garbage exchange rates that get applied by Visa it would be about $65-$70 CAD, and that is if they don’t apply tax at the border.   $70 would be $14 per card, plus I then have to ship them so add another $1.50 for toploader and stamped envelope so about $15.50 total.

in comparison, the eBay price per card is $14.64 (if you ♥️ the listing he will offer 5% off almost immediately)  plus tax.  That is pretty much the same price I can offer at break even pricing. 

It would be cheaper by a bit if we were ordering a larger quantity but at 5 cards there isn’t an advantage to our own bulk order.  

IMG_4022.jpeg

30 minutes ago, narduch said:

Wow that shipping is brutal 

Yeah, that is usually what gets you on eBay too. But you already know that. I have a US address that I use sometimes for ship my cards, but the delay of waiting for the bulk delivery from them can be quite a long time.

12 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Curious who (if anyone) might get a Panini card this time - Kone for scoring the winning PK, Max for the big shootout saves, Shaff for getting the regular time goal, or even Bombito for banging in the first PK he has ever taken as a pro.  

Davies again...😂

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Fair enough.  I was just really hoping for a Bombito card.    

It looks like this set was prepared months ago based on the players (ex. Borjan has a card).

I was hoping they would do an Instant for Kone's goal in the 3rd place game but that didn't seem to happen.