Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

I was browsing eBay listings and noticed something interesting about the Tani Oluwaseyi Topps Now cards.  The original listing on the Topps site had the “RC” rookie card logo on it (pic 1), but the actual card that was issued does not (pic 2).  It isn’t a huge deal but I do know that some people consider the RC logo important since early cards without it (like TN “call-up” cards) are sometimes not considered true rookies.  It could just be an oversight but it could also be a signal that Tani will have an RC card in an upcoming 2024 MLS set.  Either way, they shouldn’t have shown it in the listing if they weren’t going to include it on the final printed card.  

IMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

24 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I was browsing eBay listings and noticed something interesting about the Tani Oluwaseyi Topps Now cards.  The original listing on the Topps site had the “RC” rookie card logo on it (pic 1), but the actual card that was issued does not (pic 2).  It isn’t a huge deal but I do know that some people consider the RC logo important since early cards without it (like TN “call-up” cards) are sometimes not considered true rookies.  It could just be an oversight but it could also be a signal that Tani will have an RC card in an upcoming 2024 MLS set.  Either way, they shouldn’t have shown it in the listing if they weren’t going to include it on the final printed card.  

IMG_3934.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

Start the class-action lawsuit!

I keep wondering (for my kids mostly)  what company is going to promote free cards on cereal boxes or through restaurants for our men and women leading to 2026 ?  And if this won’t get going until a deal is reached for players and CSA since all promo rights run through getting a deal.  To get visibility we really do need something in the country for kids 

my kids love Tim Hortons hockey cards and I use it as an example. 

59 minutes ago, Ruud said:

I keep wondering (for my kids mostly)  what company is going to promote free cards on cereal boxes or through restaurants for our men and women leading to 2026 ?  And if this won’t get going until a deal is reached for players and CSA since all promo rights run through getting a deal.  To get visibility we really do need something in the country for kids 

my kids love Tim Hortons hockey cards and I use it as an example. 

For the Women's World Cup in Australia they had cards in McDonald's happy meals

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, narduch said:

Panini is doing Instant cards for Copa America. 

Will be interesting to see if any Canadians get cards

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

David from yesterday could be a distinct possibility.

Anyone buying?

I’ll grab one with someone to ease the cost of shipping. IMG_5644.thumb.png.d908b074ec47f0959e5cfac6065c8088.png

7 minutes ago, doobs_13 said:

Anyone buying?

I’ll grab one with someone to ease the cost of shipping. IMG_5644.thumb.png.d908b074ec47f0959e5cfac6065c8088.png

If you are looking to just get the base cards, it may be worth it to wait to see if they end up on Ebay.

I saw the Messi base for $10.23 CAD + $1.91 shipping.

14 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

On eBay for preorder FYI.  

If there is enough interest I would coordinate an order as long as the per card cost is below the eBay price.  

IMG_4005.jpeg

I’m in if you do :) 

Another pre order popped up on eBay - $15.25 per card including shipping ($12 per card and $3.25 shipping plus $0.25 to ship each additional card).  That may be close to what I can get them for but will confirm tomorrow.   

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Another pre order popped up on eBay - $15.25 per card including shipping ($12 per card and $3.25 shipping plus $0.25 to ship each additional card).  That may be close to what I can get them for but will confirm tomorrow.   

There is basically 4-5 days to decide.