Canadian player soccer cards

dyslexic nam

2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Score! Is that the same brand that used to do cards in the early 90s? Did Panini buy that brand?

Pretty sure it is.

They bought Donruss too.

Pretty sure I have a early 90s baseball set in my parents basement.

Edited by narduch

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

A lot of my cards are getting sent to a separate address and will need to be shipped to me en masse.  When that comes in (prob in a month or so) I will be making a super mail day post.  Some sweet stuff sitting in reserve.  

Sorry for taking over your thread lol

17 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Everybody has those cards in their parents basement. That was peak junk wax era when every set had a print run in the millions.

I had a massive box of junk wax hockey. I went through it and grabbed a few things that I wanted to keep but eventually had to sell 10s of thousands of cards for like $100 just to reclaim the space and make a few bucks.  

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Pretty sure it is.

They bought Donruss too.

Pretty sure I have a early 90s baseball set in my parents basement.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Everybody has those cards in their parents basement. That was peak junk wax era when every set had a print run in the millions.

Listen, I'm going to need both of your parents to throw those cards out so that mine are worth more and I can finally retire the way we all dreamed of.

5 hours ago, narduch said:

I think the flip side of that is they have now gone overboard with the parallels and inserts

Very true... That's why I stopped collecting hockey cards in 1996s and kept the 80s-95s hockey cards. 

Been collecting Panini world cup stickers since 1994...but this 2022 edition is likely the last one simply cause of  the parallels. I like it simple and easy... No need to make it so complicated. 

19 minutes ago, Jedi Ram said:

Very true... That's why I stopped collecting hockey cards in 1996s and kept the 80s-95s hockey cards. 

Been collecting Panini world cup stickers since 1994...but this 2022 edition is likely the last one simply cause of  the parallels. I like it simple and easy... No need to make it so complicated. 

I heard Panini lost the rights to FIFA now anyways.

Maybe Topps will do the next World Cup.

The parallels are annoying if you are simply trying to complete the base set. They force you to spend more money as you have all these extras that you don't really need. Plus for the most part nobody even wants the parallels unless they are really good players.

Edited by narduch

On 12/13/2022 at 5:11 PM, Strait Red said:

Interesting post by the guy who organized the Facebook order of the Panini WC Davies card, apparently the print run was only 757.

29D58BF2-23E7-4F3F-B476-49C352824E4E.jpeg

You can grab some on ebay for about $15CDN + shipping. Seems reasonable. They may hold some level of value to Canadian collectors. Certainly a nice card to have in the collection.