Jules-Anthony Vilsaint

bwilly11

Hopefully he is back this weekend. The club need him right now considering the utterly ridiculous epidemic of injuries we have with our with our forwards and the same thing made the current situation a great occasion for him...

I was at the game, he walked off the field on his own strength, looked fine, but he was super pissed as he walked off. Might’ve been upset because he was playing well and got subbed off, but maybe he knew he was really injured. 

He looked awesome and Montreal was rubbing circles around DC. If he plays 90 minutes he definitely gets one, probably two goals.

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I was at the game, he walked off the field on his own strength, looked fine, but he was super pissed as he walked off. Might’ve been upset because he was playing well and got subbed off, but maybe he knew he was really injured. 

He looked awesome and Montreal was rubbing circles around DC. If he plays 90 minutes he definitely gets one, probably two goals.

Agreed. All we can do is cross our fingers...

On 5/13/2024 at 3:50 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Per Arash Madani, Vilsaint was quoted after the last game as saying that he hasn’t heard from Canada since a camp call for the U20 team years ago, though Haiti has shown interest:

https://x.com/arashmadani/status/1789481594299781125?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Tweet is in response to an earlier tweet saying that Canada’s top priority once they get the website fixed (lol) is capping this kid, but I don’t know if that’s fact or editorializing. 

He's not on this list:

5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He's not on this list:

Yeah may be not for now but Haiti are still monitoring him and so are we. It's just a matter of who gets to him first in the future.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

As bad as the situation in the country was then, it has since deteriorated considerably.

A very sad situation for Haiti. I wonder if that affects their ability to convince players like Vilsaint. I can imagine one big drawing point to playing for the nation of your ancestory would be the ability to play at home and experience the country, but not playing at home robs you of that. 

I know more goes into such a decision, but that's probably a factor. 

Edited by Obinna

Honestly, not being to play at home is likely to be the tip of the iceberg of the Haitian Federation's problems.

We aren't even talking about a failed state so much as a fully disintegrated one. The vast majority, and perhaps all, of the significant cities in the country, are under effective control of rival street gangs outside of a few isolated points here and there... The Haitian federation is simply not able to function normally on a day-to-day basis because no national institution in Haiti is. They are essentially a federation in exile, like the Afghan one since the Taliban took Kabul.

You would have to think that this does carry significant weight in a player's willingness to be caped, especially one who is a dual national of a country who is both better then Haiti and in which he spent most of his life as well as young enough to afford to wait a bit until making a decision...

Lets hope Haiti find a way soon, because even if it would make them more competitive against us on the pitch and for dual nationals there is more important stuff then Soccer in life!

13 hours ago, phil03 said:

Honestly, not being to play at home is likely to be the tip of the iceberg of the Haitian Federation's problems.

We aren't even talking about a failed state so much as a fully disintegrated one. The vast majority, and perhaps all, of the significant cities in the country, are under effective control of rival street gangs outside of a few isolated points here and there... The Haitian federation is simply not able to function normally on a day-to-day basis because no national institution in Haiti is. They are essentially a federation in exile, like the Afghan one since the Taliban took Kabul.

You would have to think that this does carry significant weight in a player's willingness to be caped, especially one who is a dual national of a country who is both better then Haiti and in which he spent most of his life as well as young enough to afford to wait a bit until making a decision...

Lets hope Haiti find a way soon, because even if it would make them more competitive against us on the pitch and for dual nationals there is more important stuff then Soccer in life!

On the contrary, it seems that the strife may actually create some motivation for (some) duals. Then add in the fact that they have a good shot at qualifying for 2026 and it makes for a pretty good sales pitch. Imagine the story they’re selling? “We could take this country in its darkest moment to the biggest stage” - similar to Ivory Coast years ago.

Their recent squad includes two uncapped players from Serie B and Ligue 1. They have a decent side - on paper they’re at least comparable to rivals like Panama and Honduras. If we’re not calling Vilsaint and they’re in a position to make the 2026 WC then I think he’ll be gone. 

48 minutes ago, narduch said:

He's listed as out with a hamstring injury for Montreal's game tonight 

Yeah, the way he went off last game I am pretty sure he is out for a bit.  Very rarely when someone pulls up like that are they back quickly.  

• 1 month later...

was at the game yesterday and he was absolutely awful...pulled after 45 but they wouldve been better off pulling him after 15-20...had absolutely no clue what to do tactically...will have to do way more to be an mls player next year...was surprised courtois started him in such a big game after he missed all those chances in the first game vs tfc

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

was at the game yesterday and he was absolutely awful...pulled after 45 but they wouldve been better off pulling him after 15-20...had absolutely no clue what to do tactically...will have to do way more to be an mls player next year...was surprised courtois started him in such a big game after he missed all those chances in the first game vs tfc

Ya, he really doesn't fit into the 3-4-2-1 Courtois has them playing.  He just doesn't know where to be or what to do.  A lot of players don't, but seems to be the only language Courtois understands.  

Just like CANMNT a while ago, playing 3 CB's when you don't even have 2 good ones is suicide.  The sooner he realizes that, the better.  I just honestly don't know if Courtois knows any other formations, seems that's what he was trained in under Nancy development system.

18 hours ago, costarg said:

Ya, he really doesn't fit into the 3-4-2-1 Courtois has them playing.  He just doesn't know where to be or what to do.  A lot of players don't, but seems to be the only language Courtois understands.  

Just like CANMNT a while ago, playing 3 CB's when you don't even have 2 good ones is suicide.  The sooner he realizes that, the better.  I just honestly don't know if Courtois knows any other formations, seems that's what he was trained in under Nancy development system.

Yeah exactly, I personally wouldn't trust performance right now. The team just looks lost out there.