Looking ahead to 2024

VinceA

I just wanted to take a peek at what we have cooking going into the 2024 U23 cycle and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who is emerging from that age group. Obviously a lot of ways to go, particularly in defense but I think it is pretty interesting. I really like our forward and MF options. And who knows who emerges going forward. This is what I'm seeing so far:

2004 Olympics.jpg

Edited by VinceA

30 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

It's still way too early to say, I wouldn't be surprised if over half of these guys have been overshadowed by others who we don't even know of yet. 

True, but its fun to speculate. What is nice is that these guys for the most part are already professionals which is huge.

58 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I just wanted to take a peek at what we have cooking going into the 2024 U23 cycle and wanted to get everyone's thoughts on who is emerging from that age group. Obviously a lot of ways to go, particularly in defense but I think it is pretty interesting. I really like our forward and MF options. And who knows who emerges going forward. This is what I'm seeing so far:

2004 Olympics.jpg

Saliba from MTL should be here, I believe Ferdinand is a RCB. Giraldo could be a part of the mix, and let’s not forget our boy Bim at Getafe.

Edited by Dominic94

For people with better memories than me. How many of the current Olympic qualifying roster did you know about or think would be Olympic hopefuls 3 years ago? I'm guessing the number of players is quite low.

Tabla, Daniels, Baldisimo, Godinho, Cornelius, Pantemis? That's my best guess as to the names I would have known 3 years ago, and I probably would have though Tabla would be with the senior team by now. 

35 minutes ago, Kent said:

For people with better memories than me. How many of the current Olympic qualifying roster did you know about or think would be Olympic hopefuls 3 years ago? I'm guessing the number of players is quite low.

Tabla, Daniels, Baldisimo, Godinho, Cornelius, Pantemis? That's my best guess as to the names I would have known 3 years ago, and I probably would have though Tabla would be with the senior team by now. 

Not many, but a year from now this list is going to look so so nice.