2026 World Cup - News, Updates and discussions

VinceA

27 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

If Edmonton's out, I don't hate it.

Edit: I can see how my post can be misinterpreted.  I am saying if Edmonton is out (which I won't like) I will not hate the fact that Vancouver might get more games.  I will prefer that (if Edmonton is out)

Would love two for Edmonton- after the support they gave in the past to fifa events they are owed!

maybe they go grass anyways and get some big friendlies?

montreal can host a team for camp and some friendlies. 

Just now, xabuep2 said:

I think I'm one of the few who wants Edmonton to be selected. Hope is the last thing you lose. According to the initial agreement there would be 3 Mexican cities and 3 Canadian ones, it was the pretext for making the Joint Bid.

I simply do not conceive that a Joint Bid of three countries, one of the countries has only two venues. Canada deserves more.

Totally agree

Just now, Ruud said:

Would love two for Edmonton- after the support they gave in the past to fifa events they are owed!

maybe they go grass anyways and get some big friendlies?

montreal can host a team for camp and some friendlies. 

Can't see Edmonton conventing to turf for a few friendlies (if they are not selected)  Same for Montreal.

That was anticlimactic. Only reason to tune in was for the number of games in each city.

Which perhaps has not even been decided yet.

I'd be surprised if Canada doesn't play one game in each city. It's not that far from each other ... and a 4-day break? The draft schedule had a nine-day break, with Canada as A1 and the game 4-days later being A2 vs A3.

Edited by nfitz