2026 World Cup - News, Updates and discussions

VinceA

Mexico is only getting 10 games between the 3 cities.

Are we sure Canada will get more than 10? I doubt it.

Edit: that is the Group Stage only. So maybe it will be more

Edited by narduch

19 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Toronto gets Canada's opener but Vancouver gets the next two. That's probably about the only way they could do it. Makes sense.

They wanted to make it easy on the fans by clustering games, The US for instances is playing one in LA and two in Seattle. 

Summary:

June 11, 2026:  Opening game in Azteca
June 12, 2026:  Opening game in Canada will be in Toronto.  Next two in Vancouver
June 12, 2026:  Opening game in the US will be in Los Angeles.  Seattle gets other two US games
Final is in NY/NJ.  
Tor gets 6 matches.  5 group stage matches plus one R32 Match
Van gets 7 matches.  5 group stage matches plus one R32 Match plus one R16 match

Looks to me like Canada's group will be based out of Vancouver in a cluster with Seattle.  But the US is in that cluster as well, so it could spell cross over with the US in R32 or R16.  

Edited by Free kick

4 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Summary:

June 11, 2026:  Opening game in Azteca
June 12, 2026:  Opening game in Canada will be in Toronto.  Next two in Vancouver
June 12, 2026:  Opening game in the US will be in Los Angeles.  Seattle gets other two US games
Final is in NY/NJ.  
Tor gets 6 matches.  5 group stage matches plus one R32 Match
Van gets 7 matches.  5 group stage matches plus one R32 Match plus one R16 match

Looks to me like Canada's group will be based out of Vancouver in a cluster with Seattle.  But the US is in that cluster as well, so it could spell cross over the US in R32 or R16.  

They flashed a graph up that showed 3 clusters, with Vancouver and Seattle with LA and San Francisco. I missed what the others were.