Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

Coach Jesse on Daniel Jebbison: “I’m very aware of who Daniel is, you know... And I think he’s a player with big potential! Let’s leave it at that for now... I don’t want to go too much into each individual... All I can say is that, yeah, we’ve had a lot of discussions lately... We’re excited! I think there’s a lot of positivity around the possibilities of some important players joining what we’re trying to do with the Canadian national team!''

2 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

For those who listened to the press conf and what  @ahmedou quoted above, I would be interested to hear what you thoughts are re Marsch's response. The possibility of a loan may have complicated things, but it doesn't sound like Jebbo is ready to commit yet.

I admit I didn’t listen to it but I don’t think we can glean too much from what was said.  Until someone fully commits by suiting up or filing the necessary paperwork, a commitment/decision is always open to revision so you don’t really gain much my cheerleading about locking someone down until it is guaranteed. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t prove anything, doesn’t affect on-field results (until they actually play), and only really serves the interests of soccer nerds like us.  From Marsch’s perspective there just isn’t much value in trumpeting any progress - even if the signs are really encouraging.   

40 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

For those who listened to the press conf and what  @ahmedou quoted above, I would be interested to hear what you thoughts are re Marsch's response. The possibility of a loan may have complicated things, but it doesn't sound like Jebbo is ready to commit yet.

I listened, and I thought the opposite. Sounds like we got him, just that Jesse didn't want to, or can't discuss it yet.

1 hour ago, johnyb said:

I listened, and I thought the opposite. Sounds like we got him, just that Jesse didn't want to, or can't discuss it yet.

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I think you are both right. Things sound like they are moving along nicely, therefore no need to say anything publically that may unnecessarily complicate things. Clearly he is not ready to commit since he isn't here, but that could be just because he's sorting his club situation. Marsch was positive about it and was a bit coy, almost as if he didn't want to give too much away. The process sounds like it's working and it wouldn't surprise me if we see Jebbison soon, if not in October.

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I think you are both right. Things sound like they are moving along nicely, therefore no need to say anything publically that may unnecessarily complicate things. Clearly he is not ready to commit since he isn't here, but that could be just because he's sorting his club situation. Marsch was positive about it and was a bit coy, almost as if he didn't want to give too much away. The process sounds like it's working and it wouldn't surprise me if we see Jebbison soon, if not in October.

Yeah, I imagine getting a loan to a Championship side stifles things considering they play through international breaks? With that in mind, I'm guessing some sort of gentlemen's agreement would be in place to ensure he's available for his new side rather than with us for at least the upcoming window. Somebody please correct me if anything I got above is a fallacy.  

Edited by Macksam

16 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Imo Daniel Jebbison is Canadian by the heart and the spirit. And Imo Jebbison loves Canada Soccer.

He's in a important period where he's in need to start his career once for all. His loan at Watford will help him a lot for that. His transfer at Bournemouth is a good step in the right direction. 

The right time for Daniel Jebbison with Canada Soccer will be on June 2025 imo. During the Gold Cup 2025. Like after the season 24/25 is done. He'll be hungry and focus to join us after the loan at Watford finish.

That's my opinion on Daniel Jebbison. I feel confident on the Daniel Jebbison's case.