Daniel Jebbison

Dominic94

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

How does that work? The tweet says he was transferred on a free?

He's was trained in England and is under 24 (dont quote me on that age) so there would be a fee determined by a committee paid to his training club.

Alternatively the clubs negotiate a fee and avoid that, which is what happened here it sounds like. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Peanuts right?

Sheffield United supporters are bitterly thrilled at the amount.

I wonder how much the fee, or lack there of, is due to his health concerns. Not sure what his contract situation was but it seems more like Bournemouth are taking a flyer on him. Low risk high reward type of signing. 

Edited by FC_Hali

4 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

I wonder how much the fee, or lack there of, is due to his health concerns. Not sure what his contract situation was but it seems more like Bournemouth are taking a flyer on him. Low risk high reward type of signing. 

It's peanuts to Premier League club.

The 3 forwards he played with at the u20 World Cup last year at this time are valued at about 7m, 1.5m and 1m.  I would guess that is part of what Sheffield United began to argue and Bournemouth settled. 

11 minutes ago, VinceA said:

The thing is if Jebbison performs in the Premier League he sort of leapfrogs everyone except maybe David.

Granted he has to accept a call-up. Really I just hope he's over what he's been dealing with for starters.

Everything written says he is being loaned out. 

He played a token game at the end of the season, so the blood clot itself is gone. 

Hopefully with his club situation sorted for the forseeable future he considers playing for Canada, with his participation on English youth teams I am very doubtful though, I expect he will hold out waiting for a call from their senior team!

23 minutes ago, gator said:

Hopefully with his club situation sorted for the forseeable future he considers playing for Canada, with his participation on English youth teams I am very doubtful though, I expect he will hold out waiting for a call from their senior team!

I guess we will see.  I believe his u20 time is close or up.  He is eligible for the u21 Euros next summer but the last u21 side had people like Quansah, Iling-Junior, Ellliot, McAtee, Wharton, Norton-Cuffy etc.  Lots of first team Championship or above experience.  

That said, a path to a first team Canada spot is pretty crowded as well. 

6 hours ago, gator said:

Tomori 🛎

The great part about the emergence of guys like JRR and Tani is that we aren’t in desperate need of a striker.  Don’t get me wrong - I definitely want Jebbo to choose Canada and to become a potentially important piece in our striking equation.   But I don’t feel that his loss would be a blow to the program (I felt this way about Tomori). 

I have a soft spot for Jebbo.  I was in UNI when his dad was bossing the court and he was a super nice guy.  Always room for a guy of his quality.  It didnt take Bombito long to supplant Vittoria.  If he can start scoring in EPL, oh boy watch out.    

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I have a soft spot for Jebbo.  I was in UNI when his dad was bossing the court and he was a super nice guy.  Always room for a guy of his quality.  It didnt take Bombito long to supplant Vittoria.  If he can start scoring in EPL, oh boy watch out.    

But if he starts scoring in EPL, where does he land in the English depth chart?

Its a fine line between doing well and doing too well 🤣

6 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Jebbison is the type of player I would hate to lose.  The born and raised Canadian like Mitrovic and Sigur.

It really doesn't bother me if a Koleosho or Morris decide their future is elsewhere, even though they'd be nice to have.  

2 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

He might climb to 11th on the England depth chart!

Hopefully he takes a page out of LDF’s book and realizes that wasting half your career waiting for an England call isn’t worth snubbing Canada and gives us a shot. I’ve been impressed with our other options though, so I’m not particularly worried if he takes his time or plainly doesn’t want to play for us. 

3 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

I did one of these years ago with Tomori on here but I am not that superstitious so here goes.

Lots of England scorers that are not pure strikers - Palmer, Foden, Gordon, Bowen, Saka, Eze etc. obviously  Bellingham - but most have played that role at some point.

But apples to apples there are:

- The 3 that went to the Euros: Kane, Watkins, Toney 

- Solanke, Jebbison's new teammate - at least currently - was close probably just too like Watkins.

- Calvert-Lewin needs to stay healthy 

- Tammy Abraham, mostly the same

- Eddie Nketiah has a cap (caps?), if he if played regularly somewhere 

- Calum Wilson is still there if old and often broken 

- Couple guys no longer in the  Premier League but scored some goals last year -  Carlton Morris and Elijah Adebayo.

- Adam Armstrong has never really done it in Premier League but is back and had another strong Championship season.

- Liam Delap who led Jebbison's u20 England side last year had an okay year with Hull and is supposed to move permanently to Ipswich.

- Jay Stansfield, a (the) u21 striker also had an okay year in the Championship. Fulham player, have to see where he lands.

- Cameron Archer was also with Jebbison in the u20s,  "replaced" him at Sheffield United. Nothing special last season now in the Championship.

Probably forgetting some but again a huge list of people probably ahead of him but again I said that about Tomori.

And again worth stressing - every decent article I have read says he is getting loaned out.

I mean, the allure of being a starter / arguably top strike option for a team hosting the World Cup has to be big.

Him and david both in the Prem and the starting for us would be wild. Felt like we really could have used him. 

16 hours ago, Lansdude said:

I suspect if Tomori had to choose now our odds would be much better. We were still scrubs when England cap tied him.

Buddy, have you seen Nigeria. There a dark horse for 2026. Tomori would make them legit.

Edited by anthony7

11 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

So are we

We should get a better draw at least.

No, we are definitely not dark horses. Depth is not there at all. Right now we’re too predictable. Also, there is no fluidity to are play, just rewatch the Peru game.

Edited by anthony7

24 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Buddy, have you seen Nigeria. There a dark horse for 2026. Tomori would make them legit.

Admittedly I haven't seen Nigeria, but right now it looks like a real question if they will even qualify for the WC