Dominick Zator

Dub Narcotic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Played in Yorks opener yesterday. Always nice to see anti-CPl, know-it-all Rollins be wrong.

The Rollins hater always baffle me since he's been one of the few willing to take the SLT of the CPL to task for a lot of the crap they've pulled (particularly their aversion to the union), and where does him being anti-CPL come in he's been one of the biggest boosters of the league since the rumours began to float around years ago...

Regarding Zator, a few people from Calgary have mentioned that Zator had told his circle when he made the York move that he wasn't expecting to return to the CPL and was fully expecting a permanent move abroad. Obviously that didn't happen, more likely than not due to the pandemic and here he is playing for York. Which I'm not complaining about as he's an awesome defender. But Rollins has never struck me in all my years following his work as a rumour peddler so I'm assuming someone from Zator's circle told Rollins what Zator told him.

Edited by VinceA

• 3 months later...

I was curious as to how Zator's loan club, Vasalund IF was doing in their season after Zator left.

Zator was there for the first 8 games of their season in which their record was 3-1-4 (1.25 PPG).

In games that Zator featured, they were 2-0-3 (1.20 PPG).

In games that Zator played all 90 minutes, they were 2-0-0 (3.00 PPG).

Currently, they are now 6-3-14 (0.91 PPG) [or 0.73 PPG since Zator left) and are last in the table.

Makes me wonder if they or another team in the league tries to get Zator again if they manage to stave off relegation

• 1 year later...

My guess is that it will be a 2nd div team. Hopefully its one near the top than the bottom.

If its a top div team that is doing well AND he is playing regularly and playing well, then he should theoretically be in contention for a March call, or a Jan call if we have a camp. 

Again though, I would be a little surprised if that's how it unfolds.

Great move for Zator. If he gets relegated he will likely get a ton of minutes in the 2nd division, which is likely a slight upgrade from the CPL.

They are a mid-table team, typically, so if they go down they will probably jump back up.

This is one for us to keep an eye on for sure. Zator has been selected by Herdman in the past and if he plays a role in helping them avoid relegation he may play his way back into the picture.

Legit league to be transferred to. Good to see CanPL getting noticed by the international transfer market. If he preforms well it can only enhance the leagues rep abroad too.

As an aside, I don't know what the league's structure or rules are WRT transfers, but I really hope it's not like the MLS where the league takes most of the money. I've always thought that largely disincentivises the transfer of players out of the league. Why would a team try to develop players for the international transfer market if MLS is going to take most of the money? Really hope that isn't the case in CanPL.  

48 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Legit league to be transferred to. Good to see CanPL getting noticed by the international transfer market. If he preforms well it can only enhance the leagues rep abroad too.

As an aside, I don't know what the league's structure or rules are WRT transfers, but I really hope it's not like the MLS where the league takes most of the money. I've always thought that largely disincentivises the transfer of players out of the league. Why would a team try to develop players for the international transfer market if MLS is going to take most of the money? Really hope that isn't the case in CanPL.  

While it’s ideal that the club keeps all the transfer money, MLS only takes 5% of the fee and if they’re a homegrown player they take none so I wouldn’t consider it as taking “most of the money”