Mo Farsi

Reign

1 hour ago, Mihairokov said:

Isn't he on a plane to Mexico for Concacaf Champs League final? It's possible he turned down a call for that...

He is not turning down a call from them for anything. One MLS guy in the roster and midfield looks strong

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

The CCC game is on June 1.

The FIFA window opens on June 3.

Algeria has a match on June 6.

They simply didn't call him in. For all we know he was never in their plans

Seems to be that way, but you never know.

Marsch's logic was that he'll have longer with his non-MLS players who were already in Europe. Maybe Farsi is a player of interest, but wrong time to bring him in. And at 24 years old, there's no rush if you're Algeria, especially if he's indicating he desperately wants to play. Algeria can simply call him when it makes sense. It's a fringe player (for both nations), so there's probably no urgency for them. 

As for us, I think the only ugency (to the extent there is urgency) would be to bring him in before he plays elsewhere. They clearly have the upper hand and aren't really losing anything if he changes his mind. 

9 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It's all speculation about who may be called in September but they claim Farsi said:

"J'ai reçu un appel la semaine dernière d'un haut placé de la FAF"

He said that in a podcast from months ago- that was his announcement that he would play for them. Same article says Michael Olise is another player who might play for Algeria which I don’t exactly think is a possibility. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He said that in a podcast from months ago- that was his announcement that he would play for them. Same article says Michael Olise is another player who might play for Algeria which I don’t exactly think is a possibility. 

Ok, thanks. The article is recycling old news then. 

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Ok, thanks. The article is recycling old news then. 

Pretty much. The last sentence of the article is pretty much “these guys may get called in in September… unless the training staff decides not to” which, yes, is typically how it works. 

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Pretty much. The last sentence of the article is pretty much “these guys may get called in in September… unless the training staff decides not to” which, yes, is typically how it works. 

I may get called into the Copa squad for Canada.

Technically true.

Somewhat unlikely on the balance of probabilities.

theyve conceded 7 goals in 3 games under the new coach Petkovic including the recent loss...they play in a back four under Petkovic so not sure where he would fit...he makes too many mistakes at the back to play rb in a back four and there are way better options on the wings...though who knows...if they lose monday vs Uganda they fall out of the top two and maybe they decide to fire Petkovic

Confident that he would have looked better coming on for AJ instead of Zator - this camp was probably an opportunity for him to make inroads with the NT (if he was called & accepted), and at 24, 'times a tickin'. 

He must cling to romantic notions of representing the motherland... I just don't see it.  They've got a solid vet at RB right now in Atal, and there's always the possibility a French-born player with higher pedigree pops up on the scene.

7 hours ago, king1010 said:

Used every canadian resource he could until he made it to a high enough level where he started to feel algerian. 

I don't think Algeria is going to call him up that quickly or that often, a guy in MLS.

The only remote advantage is African Cup when MLS is off season (though he likely would not be game sharp).

He'd be their national team player coming from furthest afar with most of the roster in southern Europe.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yep - the most egregious dual in a long while. Played for us at multiple levels but suddenly he’s feeling Algerian. 

Not to mention a cpl canadian roster spot

Edited by king1010