Lowell Wright

Bdog

1 hour ago, phil03 said:

Looking toward the future, I thought I'd share my thoughts about all the different possibilities that have been floated:

Sogndal: Not a fan as it would be essentially a lateral move from the CPL. He might as well come home to help build the league until he get a transfer and hopefully help a CPL club make some money out of it...

Livingston: See above.

Dundee: Probably the best option IMO. Canadian players here and there have become something of a fixture in Scotland and there is some solid success stories like Bair and Johnston. Moreover, it would probably be less of a culture shock then most of the other European options. It would also be a decent jump from the CPL and even if he doesn't move further upward it's a high enough level that his playing there would contribute to further normalize Canadians playing in good leagues across the world and build the CPL's reputation

The one caveat to this is that I am not a fan of how things are turning out with Loturi, as we keep hearing that he is progressing really well in Ross County but no serious noises about an upward transfer and he is slowly and surely approaching his prime... However, there could be a bazillion explanation for it that wouldn't make Wright at Dundee less of a good idea.

Rosenborg: Basically a less ideal version of Ross United (with less of a track record of Canadians thriving there) at a similar level, although Jayden Nelson could be a good mentor for him there.

Amiens: See above without the bit about Jayden Nelson and at a somewhat lower level. The one caveat is that if he happens to be fluent in French he could have a significant advantage over other newcomers and even some not-so-newcomers. 

Villareal B: The high risks high rewards options. As much as I'd love to hear they are seeing him as a prospect for their top team he would probably just be another young player in a big club's system that they have not intention of actually using but want to sell for as high as they can. However, not all those players are created equals. Being seen by Villareal as just another player to make the numbers for their B team before he is shipped to some low level league somewhere is very different from being seen as an investment they hope to get a sizable return on by selling him to a club in a top ten league or a flagship club from another top flight in Europe.

Back to the CPL: Would be better then Sogndal or Livingston but definitely a disappointment at this stage. I want him to move upward compared to where he played before!

So overall in term of how preferable those options would be I'd say:

I. Dundee

II. Rosenborg

III. Villareal B

IV. Amiens

V. Back to the CPL

VI. Livingston

VII. Sogndal.

You hate fjords, it's clear. 

Seriously, good reading of Villareal. I think he's a bit old for them also, they relegated from 2nd division and will go with their younger guys I'd think.

Sogndal are 3 points off promotion with just over half the season to play, it's not a good choice now but if they promote it definitely is.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You hate fjords, it's clear. 

Seriously, good reading of Villareal. I think he's a bit old for them also, they relegated from 2nd division and will go with their younger guys I'd think.

Sogndal are 3 points off promotion with just over half the season to play, it's not a good choice now but if they promote it definitely is.

Diaz on Vancouver FC is on loan from Sogndal

Edited by narduch

Scotland could be a disadvantage to him, they are already in season.

Dundee he would likely be behind Moult, Watt, Fotheringham, Trapanovski.

Livingston I haven’t seen play lately without 11 behind the ball, but dropping a division may change that, they have been mostly lining up with 1 striker, and have signed 2 strikers already. 

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Scotland could be a disadvantage to him, they are already in season.

Dundee he would likely be behind Moult, Watt, Fotheringham, Trapanovski.

Livingston I haven’t seen play lately without 11 behind the ball, but dropping a division may change that, they have been mostly lining up with 1 striker, and have signed 2 strikers already. 

Scotland is in pre-season. Their League Cup has kicked off with the round-robin tournament but bigger clubs treat that closer to friendlies.

8 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Scotland is in pre-season. Their League Cup has kicked off with the round-robin tournament but bigger clubs treat that closer to friendlies.

In the end he’s been out of a club since March, and these teams have been training since the last week June, with many clubs indicating pre season is over. So he’s a month behind guys making a claim for their spot already.

4 hours ago, jordan said:

In the end he’s been out of a club since March, and these teams have been training since the last week June, with many clubs indicating pre season is over. So he’s a month behind guys making a claim for their spot already.

Norway they are smack in the middle, after a short break for Euros, so any signing would be to achieve goals from now to November.

Signing with Cavalry according to Joshua Kloke and Josh Deming. His spell at WFC 2 was a disaster but Cavalry are desperate for attackers and he showed some real promise as a 16/17 year old. Worth a shot.

Also...this thread....wild read.