Match Thread: Island Games - August 16, 2020 - Forge v Edmonton

narduch

The CHCH feed is One Soccer.

Nice to see them having the full one hour pre game. Which is currently a discussion of the earlier match.

The time slot on my guide is 2 pm to 530 pm so we should get post game too

Edited by narduch

59 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Edmonton unlucky not to be level. Forge cruising a bit I think. 

- Get Hanson off corners! Been ok otherwise.

- Esua, stay onside.

- Aleman a difference maker. Edit - Ongaro too when he actually gets the ball.

- Great goal by Awuah.

Weird to see Esua give up some easy corners. that can be easily corrected.

If he stays onside that's a goal ..

Ongaro one touch looked excellent. Playing with confidence. Aleman + Zetterburg in the middle field should be albel to give him service.

Thought Kyle Bekker was pretty poor.

Forge cleaned things up and were much better in possession in the 2nd half although I'm still concerned about goals scoring even with 4 scored in 2 matches, Forge look to have decent depth as well! Edmonton were a bit unlucky hitting the woodwork a couple of times and just not finishing when they had good chances in the 1st half especially, I hope Ddidc is not seriously injured!

Just now, Ingham said:

Edmonton the poorest side for me so far, though I didn't get to see Valour yet.

Think thats maybe harsh. I thought they were unlucky. Could have easily drawn the game had a few of those chances gone in. I thought they were generally well organized Aleman looked very good, Zetterburg had a solid debut and Ongaro is a talent. Boakai is going to take some time. Think he might have been better further forward. His crossing was atrocious today though! 

Think they will be bottom four but not bottom.

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

23 year old ref? Great job. 

Yes, she did really well, very consistent, there weren't a whole ton of tough decisions to make but she had good control of the match, I really liked the play where one of the Forge players went down rather theatrically after a tussle on the left side, Bekker maybe, and he laid there right in front of her waiting for the foul, you could tell she just aid "get up"!