Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 hour ago, Hawkguy said:

Hwang could be gone for two more games, yes. 

Neto has been back for bit. 

We also have Bellegarde who can play wing as well as Sarabia who is absolutely cooking. On top of that, Ait-Nouri has played some games as a winger as well and looked pretty decent. 

We're not different than we were early in the year. Sasa and Fabio had a couple runouts early, but weren't really part of the squad anymore. Fraser has started to get a few minutes as well and looks at least as good as Fabio. 

Deeper teams? Wolves are scoring more goals at a higher rate than they have in the Premier League since returning. So that seems a bit funny. If anything, I think this is the best offensive side we've had in years. At least since Jota/Jimenez. 

And yeah, he was developing well.. but he's kind of hit a wall. I'm not exactly sure what happened this year but obviously Wolves thought he wasn't going to be a Premier League player any time soon. He was cooking to start the year and then he started not getting minutes. I can't get many Swiss games, so I'm not sure what's changed. I'm still a big fan of Corbeanu especially for the Canadian Men's team. 

We are talking about partially two different things, I think. No matter how strong a starting 11 is, your supporters were crying out for some depth in attack and it didn't really come.    

I watched the game against Man U.  They pulled Bellegarde, not sure he -  a central midfielder - is your solution, if someone goes down again.  Which over half a season, is certainly in the realm of possibilities.  Best of luck, in hoping that doesn't happen. 

Swiss games are often free on the Onefootball app.  I watched a lot of Corbeanu again.  He was better all-round player, made better decisions, as compared to the last time I got to see him and certainly when you were saying he would get minutes for Wolves.  I would not say he hit a wall, he had a injury but played 45 minutes or more in the last 4 games before his recall.  Here's hoping he gets his chances in Spain. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

I'll make an observation and people can agree or not. One thing that annoys me about English football is teams tend to just stock pile players and sign them without a lot of thought in how they'll fit in with their team. Other leagues, in this case Spain they don't bother signing players unless they have a genuine intention of playing them

35 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'll make an observation and people can agree or not. One thing that annoys me about English football is teams tend to just stock pile players and sign them without a lot of thought in how they'll fit in with their team. Other leagues, in this case Spain they don't bother signing players unless they have a genuine intention of playing them

I hope so and think so -  to your last point.

However, I think your general point is less about leagues and more about plain money.  PSG have double digit players out on loan for instance. Most of the top ten money teams in the world have just under double digits, with the notable exceptions of Liverpool, Real Madrid and maybe Arsenal. 

(Some) English teams stockpiled because they had the money to do and it made them money in the long run - Chelsea infamously being the worst and Man City playing catch up in the years later. But there are rules against it now.

Teams in the financial and league position of Granada - aren't going to be doing it, for the most part, even in England.  

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Red card to a defender.  I assume that pretty much kills the already-slim chance that he will see the field given his attacking focus.  

Agreed, they subbed out a mid even, right after, to put in another defender. 

Of course the genius coach kept the two Uruguayan attackers in as that is the usual tactic, a defender gets a red first half, by all means check the nationalities and then take anyone else off that's not your nationality.

I'm not watching, I'm doing dishes and  kitchen surfaces and listening to Norm MacDonald. 

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Granada gets one, it seems, against the flow, so up 1-0 a man down. Just realised the goal scorer, Méndez, is also Uruguayan, so I'll just shut up. 

Very unlikely to see Theo unless they put him up high late to counter while the rest defend.

He does seem like a pretty high energy guy so depending on what they have seen in practices (and his ability to stick to a specific task) he could theoretically be subbed in to support the defensive effort right from the front.  

But I still think it’s unlikely.  

5 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Never thought he would come on the field. Up a goal, down a player because of a red. Defensive player Corbeanu.

Fantastic for Theo. They obvious really like him to put him in a very tough situation. Only a couple days training too.

Yes, 1 training session, yesterday. He's been there less than 48 hours I think.

So we'll have to look at the Las Palmas goal again, and the whole Theo appearance. 

He just had an attacking play, quick dribble and a right cross which did not find his men.

They are totally conditioned by being a man down since m. 24, Las Palmas has 80% possession. But Granada have a few counters--another one where he sends his man down the right and the cross just misses the striker. 

They need the win but a tie in these conditions would be great. 5 min left.

Good showing.  Closes ground really quick when defending.  Won a ball defending on a 1 v 1 when called upon.  He had that one crossing opportunity but the targets were at the penalty spot not at the back stick where he put the ball.  On another play he played his right back into space who then crossed it in for a chance, almost had a hockey assist.  Was calling for the ball, very confident body language.  Seemed to belong at this level.  

I believe in Theo and think he will play a big part of our next cycle.  Will be interesting to see how many minutes he gets at this level compared to Tajon in Italy.  Could make things difficult for team selection.