Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Quick question for anybody familiar with the soccer on TV scene in England.  I have access to all the BBC and ITV channels.  Who airs games and when on these channels?  Are they like HNIC with games back to back one day a week, do they show the lower divisions?  Or does someone like SkySports control everything?

If The Gills can get a goal vs Rotherham in these last 35 minutes, I think that puts MK Dons directly up.

I appreciate what you are saying about more games for Theo, @WestHamCanadianinOxfordbut I think being part of a promotion is also a great experience, also something that makes you part of a club's lore. What would it be, the first round home and away and then a Wembly final? Sure, that too would be a great experience, for a young player.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

44 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If The Gills can get a goal vs Rotherham in these last 35 minutes, I think that puts MK Dons directly up.

I appreciate what you are saying about more games for Theo, @WestHamCanadianinOxfordbut I think being part of a promotion is also a great experience, also something that makes you part of a club's lore. What would it be, the first round home and away and then a Wembly final? Sure, that too would be a great experience, for a young player.

It's even better if you get a chance to do it, playing at Wembley, as you mentioned. 

Realistically and hopefully this is not his team going forward, I would just love him to get more chances at playing time in huge situations.

Rotherham get a second so surely going up.

Edit:

Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be, We're going to Wembley, Que sera sera...

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

8 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

No Corbeanu today, they used their three subs

Geez, can't get used to that weird 3-sub rule. 

So in the end they end up in 3rd place. So play Wycombe away first, then home; then would face either Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland at Wembley, both big teams with large fan bases.

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

It's even better if you get a chance to do it, playing at Wembley, as you mentioned. 

Realistically and hopefully this is not his team going forward, I would just love him to get more chances at playing time in huge situations.

Rotherham get a second so surely going up.

Edit:

Que sera, sera, Whatever will be, will be, We're going to Wembley, Que sera sera...

Why do you hope this is not his team going forward? If they promote and he keeps being at least a rotational starter/sub then I think it could be fine. I don’t think he’s shown he’s above the level of Dons.

21 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Why do you hope this is not his team going forward? If they promote and he keeps being at least a rotational starter/sub then I think it could be fine. I don’t think he’s shown he’s above the level of Dons.

Not yet, I agree but whole reason you go on loan is that you are hoping to get better and play at a higher level. 

The Dons are not a team that have ever made a sustained move up the leagues and there is nothing for me to say they will soon. 

Corbeanu is still young has some of the tools to play at a higher level.  I used to watch him a fair bit when his Wolves youth games were on for free at during weekday lunchtimes.  No guarentees for any young footballer, it is a brutal world, but I have not given up on something higher for him. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

15 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not yet, I agree but whole reason you go on loan is that you are hoping to get better and play at a higher level. 

The Dons are not a team that have ever made a sustained move up the leagues and there is nothing for me to say they will soon. 

Corbeanu is still young has some of the tools to play at a higher level.  I used to watch him a fair bit when his Wolves youth games were on for free at during weekday lunchtimes.  No guarentees for any young footballer, it is a brutal world, but I have not given up on something higher for him. 

Just to reiterate, because I mostly agree: look at Millar, gone to the Swiss league, regular starter, European competition. Now I do not disagree that him staying on a team in the Championship would be very good, and more so at his age. 

But a loan--or even sale-- to a top flight in a strong league would also be welcome, following the Millar example.

A lot of talk here has been on where Theo should move next.  I’m more concerned with his development… it seems that it stalled, and he lost confidence this year, and also may not have been rounding out his game and doing the necessary defensive work or following coaches instructions - in both loans, he never gained the trust of the coach (and seemed to fall further down the pecking order) in spite of showing flashes of talent. 

21 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

A lot of talk here has been on where Theo should move next.  I’m more concerned with his development… it seems that it stalled, and he lost confidence this year, and also may not have been rounding out his game and doing the necessary defensive work or following coaches instructions - in both loans, he never gained the trust of the coach (and seemed to fall further down the pecking order) in spite of showing flashes of talent. 

He's played his first season as a pro there was always going to be growing pains, above all else he's learning how to be a professional. Before he was playing U-23 ball and battering weaker CONCACAF countries with Canada. I think a few people were expecting or hoping he was going to dominate League One but that was a big ask for a 20 year old entering his first pro season.

He had a few bright moments, but overall I think you have to say it was a slightly disappointing first pro season.

One thing to note is that both of his teams were pretty stacked and are in the playoffs. It was a grind for him to get time on the pitch. Will be interesting to see if Dons promote what the plan with Theo is. Not sure he showed enough this year to expect minutes in the Championship

Met some MKD fans last night (very interesting in general, perhaps starting from my opening assessment: "it seems everyone hates you and your town, discuss.") They claim the fans love Theo, have several songs for him, and that he's playing great. (They may also have been blowing smoke up my ass as this was a business thing and they had to be polite).

On 4/30/2022 at 1:34 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

Quick question for anybody familiar with the soccer on TV scene in England.  I have access to all the BBC and ITV channels.  Who airs games and when on these channels?  Are they like HNIC with games back to back one day a week, do they show the lower divisions?  Or does someone like SkySports control everything?

No league matches on either channels. Both have FA cup and international fixtures. Links below show what is on those channels. 

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-bbc.html

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-itv.html

7 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

No league matches on either channels. Both have FA cup and international fixtures. Links below show what is on those channels. 

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-bbc.html

https://www.live-footballontv.com/live-football-on-itv.html

Thanks for that, I was at the BBC link above previously but I really only paid attention to seeing domestic women's games listed there and I wasn't too interested.  I see some SPL games so maybe I'll pay more attention to it.

Just curious, does anybody here watch the Freesports or Eurosport (via India) free channels?

1 hour ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Thanks for that, I was at the BBC link above previously but I really only paid attention to seeing domestic women's games listed there and I wasn't too interested.  I see some SPL games so maybe I'll pay more attention to it.

Just curious, does anybody here watch the Freesports or Eurosport (via India) free channels?

I watch freesports for the occasional TFC match.