Theo Corbeanu

jordan

I am not wading into the debates occurring.  I will only note that Theo has an increasingly long history of playing mostly from the bench.  People were initially concerned with him moving to Liga 2 as if that was beneath him based on his body of work but he is predominantly still being used as a sub at that level as well.  That is after a similar type of role a various other levels.  He is obviously talented - he seems to be able to make an impact at whatever level he is playing.  But at some point I think his backers need to accept that a string of professional coaches are probably not all universally wrong and biased in their decisions that result in him not starting games.  There is something about him that is holding him back at the present time.   

I’m not gonna get dragged into any debate either.  But I felt there were several camps that Corbeanu should have been included in the past couple of years.  I’m big on form and taking league level in consideration.  The past couple of camps, I have no problem with Corbeanu being left off given current form and league level.  He has to do more than a few minutes off the bench in 2nd Division Spain for me.  But if he starts getting more minutes and more in form with Granada, there’s no reason why he shouldn’t be called into our 23 man team.  Same reason I wouldn’t be calling Ike Ugbo right now.  But last year when Ugbo was in form, I’d have included him in our 23 man roster.  However, there are so many dynamics at play when making these decisions.  A good problem to have.

Edited by Corazon