Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think I accidentally checked their English twitter page which only had last match’s sheet. 

I went back and looked on the twitter because I was not sure what no he was wearing--but see he stays with #17, the designated number for Canadians in Spain.

Granada has a very full roster with coverage in all positions (last year, especially, they suffered at CB and DM). And they have brought up some good kids from their u-19s and B team. They may still end up selling or loaning out a few guys (Boye), but as they sit they are ready to go, there is competition in all positions, the team looks sprite and positive, I sense a good vibe.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He looked fine. Played down the right mid/attack, took opposite side corners. They tied it late when he was on. 

Same pitch our women played the preps for the Olympics.

Watched it on 2x. Pretty uninvolved, but it was garbage minutes. Too small a sample size. Nice to see him on the field for the equalizer. He was positioned well to clean up had his teammate not gotten a head to it. That was a terrific header, btw. 

3 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Watched it on 2x. Pretty uninvolved, but it was garbage minutes. Too small a sample size. Nice to see him on the field for the equalizer. He was positioned well to clean up had his teammate not gotten a head to it. That was a terrific header, btw. 

Never heard of that before lol. 
Do you put the speed back to normal when he's on the ball? 

Played the second half in an attacking 3 in a friendly vs. Al Nassr, played last Sunday in southern Spain. They won 1-0 on a 1st half goal, then their keeper stopped a penalty.

Tomorrow the 8th they play their last pre-season friendly in their home stadium vs. Al Wehda. The league starts next midweek, on the 15th which is a national holiday. 

Played the second half today vs. Al Wehda from Mecca, 1-1 draw and they won on penalties.

No report names the penalty takers, but one paper says that Granada could not get a winner 2nd half despite the drive and impetus from Corbeanu and Weissman (the Israeli striker who is back from loan to Serie A).

Very nice pic of Theo leading the story on the Granada CF website:

https://www.granadacf.es/noticias/el-granada-cf-campeon-del-trofeo-ciudad-de-granada-en-penaltis-1-1

419a6dbd-c6ef-4ac8-9b94-56f3334fbf90-56.webp

They play the inaugural match in Spanish 2nd tomorrow, home to Albacete.

Corbeanu is healthy as is most of the roster.

Granada has the second highest roster value in 2nd, and the top three are the 3 that relegated last year, along with Cadiz and Almería.

I predict that any of the top 10-12 in value and prestige could promote, they'll be in a tight race probably until the final month to even make the promotion playoff. 

I rewatched part of the stream of their last friendly vs. the Saudi team, he had a couple of late long shots, one right foot, then the left, had some nice runs as a wing down the right and had to be fouled, the commentators liked his two-footed skill and speed, called him one of the positive points of the game.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...