Theo Corbeanu

jordan

5 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

^^ Thats a nice sentiment, but I dont think Cornelius bided his time.  He was getting called up years ago when he was in early 20's in Serb/MLS.  It didnt work out in Van and he rebuilt his career first in Greece and then Sweden.  For a defender, maturity, positioning, awareness all takes time and he was able to get fairly steady playing time to round out his skill set and develop into a better CB, that deserves his call ups.  Corbeanu being in La Liga is great but he need to start playing 20-30 games a year.  He got call ups as an exciting prospect..but he needs game time to make the next step up.  

I’m not sure Van even gave him a real chance…

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I’m not sure Van even gave him a real chance…

If memory serves, he was getting yanked and benched pretty regularly and often for each mistake or blunder. That’ll mess with your head and make you question each split second decision. No one benefits. 

Like i said even before Copa when it was obvious this duo was our best option on paper, give Bombito and Cornelius 10 straight games, let them make mistakes, it’ll make them better in the long run. 

8 hours ago, costarg said:

If memory serves, he was getting yanked and benched pretty regularly and often for each mistake or blunder. That’ll mess with your head and make you question each split second decision. No one benefits. 

Like i said even before Copa when it was obvious this duo was our best option on paper, give Bombito and Cornelius 10 straight games, let them make mistakes, it’ll make them better in the long run. 

To be honest, a centre back truly developing after 25 is not a real shocker. 

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Corbeanu and Granada start their preseason this Monday, under a young new coach, Guille Abascal.

They've signed a CB and Zidane's son who's a keeper. The roster is the second most valuable in Segunda, after Almeria. First preseason matches in 2 weeks.

That manager took over from Basel when Liam had his best spell there..they fired him when he finished 2nd in Liams first season..the next season was a disaster...Liam said he was a very good coach who got the best bout of young players..should be good for Theo..

13 minutes ago, frmr said:

We could really use an in-form Corbeanu in the Canada camp. We can see after Tajon going down our winger depth isn't amazing. In hindsight I wonder if Marsch wishes he would have called him up instead of one of JRR/Bair.

Agreed, it's basically Millar, Shaff and Laryea a bit out of position. I think another major loss is not having Adekugbe for LB to free Davies to go forward. 

It also gets me that the guy right in front of him at Granada, Pellistri, who he relegated with, is starting and starring for Uruguay.

16 minutes ago, frmr said:

We could really use an in-form Corbeanu in the Canada camp. We can see after Tajon going down our winger depth isn't amazing. In hindsight I wonder if Marsch wishes he would have called him up instead of one of JRR/Bair.

Possibly, again the argument would be those guys were playing a fair bit more and contributing more offence. 

16 minutes ago, frmr said:

I've cooled on Corbeanu now with the emergance of Shaffleburg. Let him prove himself in La Liga 2, then bring him into the next round of friendlies IF he is doing well relative to the other options. 

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It also gets me that the guy right in front of him at Granada, Pellistri, who he relegated with, is starting and starring for Uruguay.

Yes he was ahead of Corbeanu and playing quite regularly, once he was loaned in.  That would be a primary  reason for picking him and unfortunately not Corbeanu from the respective national teams' perspectives.  

He's been training with the group all week, they all seem very positive and having fun, he seems to be chatting with other players. They've signed a few, loaned out a few, and have their first friendlies this upcoming weekend. Hope he can get into a starting spot and stay there in Segunda. 

The league starts 15 August home to Albacete. I won't have an easy time seeing them, we have no teams in 2nd division in my region this year.

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

preseason friendly going on rn vs Orlando Pirates SA team..1-1 can't see Theo on the bench or even in the line up unless I'm mistaken... strange..

Out due to some kind of injury 

Details if any are behind a paywall, I believe.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On 7/17/2024 at 3:36 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Out due to some kind of injury 

Details if any are behind a paywall, I believe.

On 7/17/2024 at 5:28 PM, Footyeh said:

Slight knock

"el canadiense sufre una sobrecarga"

https://www.ideal.es/granadacf/uzuni-corbeanu-bajas-encuentro-cuestiones-fisicas-20240717204306-nt_amp.html

"El Granada tendrá las bajas de Myrto Uzuni y Theo Corbeanu. El albanés sigue inmerso en el proceso de recuperación por la tendinopatía aquílea que padeció al final de la temporada pasada, mientras que el canadiense aqueja una sobrecarga habitual en estos días"

https://www.ideal.es/granadacf/directo-granada-orlando-pirates-20240717183412-di_amp.html

I don't know what they mean.

@Unnamed Trialist , or others fluent in Spanish, is that general exhaustion? A fitness issue? Overdone it on the muscles in training and has a little malaise?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

"el canadiense sufre uan sobrecarga"

https://www.ideal.es/granadacf/uzuni-corbeanu-bajas-encuentro-cuestiones-fisicas-20240717204306-nt_amp.html

"El Granada tendrá las bajas de Myrto Uzuni y Theo Corbeanu. El albanés sigue inmerso en el proceso de recuperación por la tendinopatía aquílea que padeció al final de la temporada pasada, mientras que el canadiense aqueja una sobrecarga habitual en estos días"

https://www.ideal.es/granadacf/directo-granada-orlando-pirates-20240717183412-di_amp.html

I don't know what they mean.

@Unnamed Trialist , or others fluent in Spanish, is that general exhaustion? A fitness issue? Overdone it on the muscles in training and has a little malaise?

It's a muscle issue, nothing more, not necessarily even a pull. It's tightness or a cramp.