Theo Corbeanu

jordan

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Granada look insanely terrible, it’s like they make an error on every touch. I think corbeanu just had a nice run, I haven’t seen much of him. 

He's in the left midfield, shifting wide when in attack, and supporting the pressure on that side too. 

They say Granada just did not defend first half and by the 3-0 they pretty well had given up. But of what I've watched, they are trying to play harder, the coach is on their backs, best you can do is treat it like a serious training match and try to do a few things right for half an hour.

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's in the left midfield, shifting wide when in attack, and supporting the pressure on that side too. 

They say Granada just did not defend first half and by the 3-0 they pretty well had given up. But of what I've watched, they are trying to play harder, the coach is on their backs, best you can do is treat it like a serious training match and try to do a few things right for half an hour.

From the little I’ve been able no notice him, he looks like he’s playing more centrally than I’ve usually seen him. It seems like every single time Granada have the ball, it’s run it down the left side, then bomb it down to the right to try and hit Pelistri, miss him by about 10 yards, ball goes out of play. 

On the right, he got the ball near the wing against a static defense, played with another guy up high nearer the touchline. Then charged his defender, sent it off to a guy in the box who chipped it and he controlled with his chest turned his body and left-footed it from a close angle. 

Third Canadian to score in La Liga and ties De Guzman with one!

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I mean, he hasn't even played a full match for Granada, and he has his first goal off the bench in a tough situation against a decent side. And he was key in the buildup + plus a ridiculous finish. I'm not sure what more people want from this 21-year-old in order to justify a call. 

6 or 7 years ago we would be so damn excited and demanding an instant call up. Sign of the times. Theo just needs consistent minutes. Looks like he will likely miss out this window. 

It's why I wish there was money and support for more international B teams. Seems like we have fallen into a constant cycle of important "must win" games where our coaches feel the pressure to picking our best players. We don't have any friendlies and when we do they are in prep of the "must win games" and its time for the usual suspects to gel not experiment.

No camp poutine REALLY kills things. 

Back OT. It's only a matter of time before Hoilett ages out and players like Theo get a clearer route. He has been unlucky in the extreme to be left out.