Theo Corbeanu

jordan

In this link I think the video, with the Wolves call, shows the 1st and 2nd set of reds, the latter involving Podence and a Levante defender. The previous is a hard foul on the wing but hard to see who. 

It actually isn't that bad. The reds for the first incident were players off the bench I read. 

Then they played the 2nd half with 11 each. It was extremely hot and they agreed on ending early m 85.

Levante won 2-1 and apparently dominated.

There were hard tackles it seems but it doesn't seem over the top. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

In this link I think the video, with the Wolves call, shows the 1st and 2nd set of reds, the latter involving Podence and a Levante defender. The previous is a hard foul on the wing but hard to see who. 

It actually isn't that bad. The reds for the first incident were players off the bench I read. 

Then they played the 2nd half with 11 each. It was extremely hot and they agreed on ending early m 85.

Levante won 2-1 and apparently dominated.

There were hard tackles it seems but it doesn't seem over the top. 

Looked like a scorcher.

35 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

He's no Bobby Firmino. That's for damn sure.  And unless you've been living under a rock, by now you've heard that Bobby has been elected as the gold standard of having really white teeth the world over.

It's a Liverpool thing. Klopp's teeth are freakishly perfect also.

2 hours ago, frmr said:

It's a Liverpool thing. Klopp's teeth are freakishly perfect also.

Started out with Skrtel, then Lucas Levia, and then Bobby took it too the next level. After Klopp, Fabiho, Klopp, Hendo all followed. It's a Liverpool thing for real. 

16 hours ago, Shway said:

I'm still saying Corbeanu is the prospect I think will be our next big talent. I just like his tenacity, and his game....he has so much upside.

I really don't get why people say he's on the bubble for Qatar when he's competing for a spot on an EPL team at just 20 yeard old.

Other countries aren't afraid to gamble a bit and take really young players to the World Cup. It builds WC experience early, and if said players remain healthy, it means they can be around for a few cycles. 

I would get Corbeanu on that WC roster so long as he's playing regularly and continues to perform well -- even if it meant making a tough decision to leave an older player off the roster.

It wouldn't be an easy decision or cut, but this guy can help us -- and help us right now imho.

28 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I really don't get why people say he's on the bubble for Qatar when he's competing for a spot on an EPL team at just 20 yeard old.

Other countries aren't afraid to gamble a bit and take really young players to the World Cup. It builds WC experience early, and if said players remain healthy, it means they can be around for a few cycles. 

I would get Corbeanu on that WC roster so long as he's playing regularly and continues to perform well -- even if it meant making a tough decision to leave an older player off the roster.

It wouldn't be an easy decision or cut, but this guy can help us -- and help us right now imho.

The bolded part is the important part though. If he’s playing regularly in the EPL, of course he should be on the squad. That’s probably not going to happen though, considering he wasn’t able to make himself an everyday starter in League One last year. I thought he looked good whenever he did play, but obviously I’m biased. You’d have to think there must have been a reason the manager stopped putting him in the XI.

26 minutes ago, archer21 said:

The bolded part is the important part though. If he’s playing regularly in the EPL, of course he should be on the squad. That’s probably not going to happen though, considering he wasn’t able to make himself an everyday starter in League One last year. I thought he looked good whenever he did play, but obviously I’m biased. You’d have to think there must have been a reason the manager stopped putting him in the XI.

To be fair, I think everyone here, Wolves coaching staff and even Sheffield Wednesday fans felt he wasn't getting enough minutes at the right position during the first loan spell.

Then, if I recall, he was not selected for recent World Cup windows so that he could get regular playing time at MK Dons, and they did the same thing to him. Maybe the coach didn't want to mess up a good thing, but Corbeanu earned Player of the Month honours. That is pretty impressive and demands a starting spot if you ask me.  

Case in point, he was underplayed during his loan spells. There's a reason he's still with Wolves now and even getting playing time. I see a very bright future for Corbeanu. He just needs the minutes. 

2 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Then, if I recall, he was not selected for recent World Cup windows so that he could get regular playing time at MK Dons, and they did the same thing to him. Maybe the coach didn't want to mess up a good thing, but Corbeanu earned Player of the Month honours. That is pretty impressive and demands a starting spot if you ask me.  

Case in point, he was underplayed during his loan spells. There's a reason he's still with Wolves now and even getting playing time. I see a very bright future for Corbeanu. He just needs the minutes. 

Everyone wants Corbeanu to succeed but after he went to MK, he was given the starter position immediately. He scored a great goal, which helped him with the player of the month award. I am pretty sure that it isn't a league awarded award but a fan voted one. He won that award based off that great goal.

Almost immediately after that, he lost the starting position. His issue was he was constantly attacking one on one on every possession. He never looked for teammates and almost never passed thw ball. Just got by the defender or turned the ball over.  He was very predictable

Haven't had a chance to watch him yet this year other than highlights but he definitely seems to be trying to pass more. He seems to have listen to criticism and is adapting.  Very positive stuff. Looking forward to todays game on DAZN

Edited by blueseeka

5 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Everyone wants Corbeanu to succeed but after he went to MK, he was given the starter position immediately. He scored a great goal, which helped him with the player of the month award. I am pretty sure that it isn't a league awarded award but a fan voted one. He won that award based off that great goal.

Almost immediately after that, he lost the starting position. His issue was he was constantly attacking one on one on every possession. He never looked for teammates and almost never passed thw ball. Just got by the defender or turned the ball over.  He was very predictable

Haven't had a chance to watch him yet this year other than highlights but he definitely seems to be trying to pass more. He seems to have listen to criticism and is adapting.  Very positive stuff. Looking forward to todays game on DAZN

You raise good points. He has very impressive dribbling and 1v1 skills, but he does have a tendency to hang on too long. I agree with that.

He's young, and as you said, will improve. I would like to see him develop his aerial skills more as well given his frame, but at this point, I'm grasping at straws to find faults. 

Game is here. Looks like it was basically all the players that didn’t play much during the preseason. Theo is definitely playing up front

I watched about 5 minutes before i turned it off. Very difficult to watch a game with the single camera angle so far away a game with a fence around the pitch. Might watch the rest later

Just watched his chance.

The timestamp is at about 63:30 of gametime.

He had a nice break away from defender as the chance was developing.  Rebound off save, as he is falling backwards unbalanced. Whole net pretty open and ball goes flying over crossbar. Definitely a bang bang play but he needed to finish it

Edited by blueseeka