Theo Corbeanu

jordan

I never get why they'd go to scorching heat in Spain midsummer, going to the south even, to the hottest spots even, when all the Spanish teams would much prefer to be able to train in a cooler northern setting. 

La Nucia, which is partway between Valencia and Alicante, will be into the low to mid 30s for the next 10 days at least, and never will drop below the low 20s even at 5 in the morning. Air conditioning always while inside, and extreme temperatures you cannot properly train at.

And more so since not a single game of the EPL will be played at such heat. You get nothing from it, the amenities are not better than a good resort in Switzerland or Austria, northern Italy. It may be slightly cheaoer, usually the food is good, but in fact you are in peak tourist season with the rest of the idiotic northern Europeans getting burnt to a crisp. 

48 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I never get why they'd go to scorching heat in Spain midsummer, going to the south even, to the hottest spots even, when all the Spanish teams would much prefer to be able to train in a cooler northern setting. 

La Nucia, which is partway between Valencia and Alicante, will be into the low to mid 30s for the next 10 days at least, and never will drop below the low 20s even at 5 in the morning. Air conditioning always while inside, and extreme temperatures you cannot properly train at.

And more so since not a single game of the EPL will be played at such heat. You get nothing from it, the amenities are not better than a good resort in Switzerland or Austria, northern Italy. It may be slightly cheaoer, usually the food is good, but in fact you are in peak tourist season with the rest of the idiotic northern Europeans getting burnt to a crisp. 

I guess it’s a nice treat to the players, I mean, isn’t like half of the UK in Spain around this time of the year? 

18 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I guess it’s a nice treat to the players, I mean, isn’t like half of the UK in Spain around this time of the year? 

They are not even near the beach. 

I don't see it as a treat. It is actually unpleasant and right now in Spain the heatwave is rather severe.

If it were the winter break in Malaga, 15-17 degrees, then fine. 

18 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They are not even near the beach. 

I don't see it as a treat. It is actually unpleasant and right now in Spain the heatwave is rather severe.

If it were the winter break in Malaga, 15-17 degrees, then fine. 

Just because you're soft like melted butter doesn't mean the players have to be. 
(this is me, being you 😉)

Edited by Shway

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Spain in the summer is unbearable, especially on the east side north from Barcelona going down to La comunidad autonomy de Valencia to Andalucia, Granada city and other spots are too hot.  The best way to spend a summer for a true Argentina peronist and a fan of Ernesto Guevara De La Serna Lynch, is gonna be a summer in Donostia, or on the Celtic coast of Galician province.  Anyway, Spain is where the best variety of food and good food you can find worldwide even the Potatoes tortilla babée a simple stupid dish is a delicatessen.  The French cuisine is muck, they can only make desserts, but the food is terrible bar the cous-cous

33 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Does he have a shot of making the team out of camp?

I would guess it is the same as Laryea, part of the camp but not in the first team plans. I would love to be wrong and have already been getting ahead of myself by imagining him getting spot minutes for Wolves this season, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

If somehow he convinces Wolves to add him to the first team and he starts getting minutes, it would definitely strengthen his World Cup case.

54 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I would guess it is the same as Laryea, part of the camp but not in the first team plans. I would love to be wrong and have already been getting ahead of myself by imagining him getting spot minutes for Wolves this season, but I wouldn't bet on it happening.

If somehow he convinces Wolves to add him to the first team and he starts getting minutes, it would definitely strengthen his World Cup case.

At this point I’d say he had better odds than laryea, wolves are a good team but attackers and espically fast and skilled attackers is what they need the most and neves is there only one like that, if he has a great pre season I could honestly see him breaking into the squad and playing PL games where as for laryea I think it’s a closed case.

1 hour ago, Jack1997 said:

At this point I’d say he had better odds than laryea, wolves are a good team but attackers and espically fast and skilled attackers is what they need the most and neves is there only one like that, if he has a great pre season I could honestly see him breaking into the squad and playing PL games where as for laryea I think it’s a closed case.

I'd like to believe that. Let's see that happens. I would love Canada to have a 20 year old attacking wide player getting Premier League minutes, even if they are mostly late in the game off the bench. 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

On Northern Futbol Galindo was saying Levante in Spain's 2nd tier are interested in Corbeanu 

V interesting. They are a team I like, tend to go up and down from top flight to 2nd tier. Good fan base, I prefer them to the Valencia CF fans.

Now Levante is in Valencia so you could have some Levante (or Llevant) scouts at Wolves training sessions. Otherwise I see no rumours on the Spanish sites, not yet. So it may just be Theo's agent drumming things up.

They only have one right wing on the books, the other they had was on loan. They are actually short on outside attackers so it could make sense.

Looks he's with a rather competent agency with some players in Spain:

https://www.transfermarkt.es/icm-stellar-sports/beraterfirma/berater/190

Was looking for more info, and:

SEEMS THIS IS NOW OLD NEWS, WOLVES CHANGED THEIR FRIENDLY SCHEDULE SO THIS IS CANCELLED. TOO BAD (THOUGH THEY ARE PLAYING BESIKTAS)

Wolves play Levante in a friendly on the 21st, 10.30am local time it seems. And it will be streamed live on the Levante site. Not a good time for those in Canada to watch.

They are playing near Benidorm, not far from where Wolves are in La Nucia.

https://eldesmarque.com/valencia/levante-ud/360029-el-levante-retransmitira-en-directo-el-partido-contra-el-wolves

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, frmr said:

Traore has left the Wolves camp with an injury but some people are suggesting it's a smokescreen for a transfer. If it's an injury it might open the door for Corbeanu to see some playing time, but probably still unlikely.

Thinking Corbeanu could get a chance as a result of this is not unrealistic with Trincao gone, in my opinion. A loan to Levante would possibly be better for his development, but you never know. Either way, looks to be a positive outlook for Theo either way.

With Corbeanu possibly getting looks for Wolves, or maybe a Levante loan, Millar about to begin his second season as a starter for FC Basel, and Buchanan all but certain to be an important player for Club Brugge once again, the wide midfield spots are looking very good. Back home, Nelson is having a break out year with Toronto FC and DeAndre Kerr is a possible wing option as well. For as nice a surprise he has been though, it's still not enough to get a chance, so players like him and Nelson will probably need to bide their time. 

He came on at the 58th min. (RW) Wolves we’re up 3-0 & he was the 3rd sub off the bench. He actually looked a bit nervous at first, as with one of his first touches on the ball, he dribbled straight into a defender and lost the ball & moments later while receiving the ball near the sideline, he seemed to take his attention off the ball for a second, & it proceeded to bounce off his foot and in to touch.
It got better from there though.

He had a few good dribbles into dangerous areas, but the final ball from him wasn’t quite there today. I seen it as mostly good defending by Alaves & not that his attempts at the final ball were bad or anything. He actually had a great through-ball to Podence that probably should have ended up in the back of the the ol’ onion bag for Wolves!

I thought Theo notably played it a bit cautious and pulled the ball back and tried to find teammates where he may have previously put his head down and tried to get off any type of shot that he could. And as a team it seemed pretty apparent that Wolves took their foot off the gas pedal in the last 20 min. or so.  

Overall, I think his manager would’ve been mostly happy with his performance today.