Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Shame no Wembley for him.

First chance I've had to see a full game of his for a while.

Lots and lots of good and great runs. Wycombe had no answer for that all evening.

Needs a better cross much of the time if he is going to stay wide and better decisions overall.

Still  great experience to be trusted with such a huge game and the things he needs to improve can be taught. No better showcase for a good move next year.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...

The Athletic had an article on Wolves young players. Theo got a decent mention behind 4 other players

Theo Corbeanu may have played at a lower level, but his prospects of eventually playing regularly for Wolves remain.

The 20-year-old enjoyed an eventful first season of league football, playing 18 times for Sheffield Wednesday and 17 for MK Dons. It was a truncated spell at Wednesday under Darren Moore where he ended up at wing-back, leading to the switch to Buckinghamshire in January where, initially, he was flying high and loving life as a marauding right winger. Dons fans took Canadian flags to matches, they sang his name; life was great. Then in early February he was left out the side and struggled to get back in as MK Dons went on a run of 10 wins and three draws.

Corbeanu only started three of their final 16 games, but anyone who saw him dance, torture and cajole his way around Wycombe’s defenders with a man-of-the-match display in the second leg of their League One play-off last week will agree that manager Liam Manning might regret not playing him a little more in those final weeks as MK Dons fell short of promotion.

Corbeanu, the Canada winger, had loans at Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons in League One (Photo: Pete Norton/Getty Images)

Corbeanu has the talent, technique and trickery to go to the top, but now needs to develop his all-round team game and add some more end product. He also needs to play regularly to earn a spot in Canada’s World Cup squad this winter. Wolves hope for either a Championship loan or something exciting overseas next season.

2 hours ago, blueseeka said:

The Athletic had an article on Wolves young players. Theo got a decent mention behind 4 other players

Theo Corbeanu may have played at a lower level, but his prospects of eventually playing regularly for Wolves remain.

The 20-year-old enjoyed an eventful first season of league football, playing 18 times for Sheffield Wednesday and 17 for MK Dons. It was a truncated spell at Wednesday under Darren Moore where he ended up at wing-back, leading to the switch to Buckinghamshire in January where, initially, he was flying high and loving life as a marauding right winger. Dons fans took Canadian flags to matches, they sang his name; life was great. Then in early February he was left out the side and struggled to get back in as MK Dons went on a run of 10 wins and three draws.

Corbeanu only started three of their final 16 games, but anyone who saw him dance, torture and cajole his way around Wycombe’s defenders with a man-of-the-match display in the second leg of their League One play-off last week will agree that manager Liam Manning might regret not playing him a little more in those final weeks as MK Dons fell short of promotion.

Corbeanu, the Canada winger, had loans at Sheffield Wednesday and MK Dons in League One (Photo: Pete Norton/Getty Images)

Corbeanu has the talent, technique and trickery to go to the top, but now needs to develop his all-round team game and add some more end product. He also needs to play regularly to earn a spot in Canada’s World Cup squad this winter. Wolves hope for either a Championship loan or something exciting overseas next season.

"Wolves hope for either a Championship loan or something exciting overseas next season"

That quote would refer to a loan to MLS wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, johnyb said:

"Wolves hope for either a Championship loan or something exciting overseas next season"

That quote would refer to a loan to MLS wouldn't it?

I took it as somewhere on the European continent, but you could be right.

Championship would be where I would like to see him play, though. Easy for Wolves to keep tabs on his development in England. I would have liked to see more production in League one, so one could argue he should go back to that level and improve his production, but it's probably more important to test himself at a level closer to what he'll face with Wolves in the Premier League. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 5:09 PM, red card said:

McMaster looking to partner with Wolves for camps, coaching clinics & perhaps an academy.

Excellent. I was coaching with a SAAC team and wolves sent coaches from their academy over to run a weekend of clinics for a talent ID a few years back. The coaches were really knowledgeable, were great with the kids and other coaches. I’ve used a few drills and used a few things I learned from them in discussions in my own coaching. It may not be much but little things can help to raise our game over here. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I think this kid will be our hidden star....I love the way how he plays.

100 per cent. Big and strong but quick. Great ball control. Not afraid to run at defenders. If he sticks with the Wolves first team this year, I think he can make an impact. 

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's easily forgotten at times, but he absolutely has the potential to be a top player for us. I hope he breaks into the Wolves team this year. If not, a loan to the Championship would be nice. 

It's really unfortunate, but he's easily forgotten because of limited playing time. Anytime he's on the pitch, he makes a difference. 

Got written off a little by what people think was a bad loan spell this season. It’s an extremely tough league.  IMO he’s our best prospect under 20 and I don’t think the lack of playing time in League One is indicative of his ability to play Premier League minutes or in another first tier across Europe as the style of football is completely different.  I think teams in Europe are looking at his profile and body of work with interest and he ends up on loan in a strong European league.  Would personally much rather that than to play in the Championship.  

Edited by Footyeh

• 2 weeks later...