Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Crazy to start thinking of how this selection is going to go.  23 man roster.  Scary to think of anyone to drop at all. P

cavellini will need a stellar year 

Cornelius or henry?  
ZBG must surely be on the bubble q we

almost hope for injuries to make your decisions easier   

43 minutes ago, Ruud said:

almost hope for injuries to make your decisions easier   

Let’s not go down that road.  Tough decisions for sure for Herdman and I can only imagine the debate leading up to it around here and reaction when the roster is announced (from one extreme to the other) but let’s not hope for injuries.  This is a great problem to have.

This kid has been dam impressive since joining the MK Dons. Since debuting for The Dons on Jan. 11, Theo has received just under 600 minutes across seven appearances. The Wolves' loanee only has one goal to show for it, but whether he's been deployed on the left or right side of the attack, he's taken a major step in his development. I am looking forward to seeing him keep it up and progress. His future is bright. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, dyslexic nam said:

And that is why the decision between him and Herdman to skip the last window was the right one.  

I agree that it turned out fine, but the awards likely would have been given to Theo regardless since it's possible he would have only missed the Jan. 29 game for M.K. 

3 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I agree that it turned out fine, but the awards likely would have been given to Theo regardless since it's possible he would have only missed the Jan. 29 game for M.K. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:31 AM, dyslexic nam said:

And that is why the decision between him and Herdman to skip the last window was the right one.  

Come March where it could get interesting for Theo and come of the younger players, does Herdman call in an extra big squad for March so if everything is clinched and the celebration has been had, are some  not subject to a trip to Panama? This would give some others a run out in the final match? The only think that could be at stake is an undefeated campaign..

7 hours ago, Cblake said:

Come March where it could get interesting for Theo and come of the younger players, does Herdman call in an extra big squad for March so if everything is clinched and the celebration has been had, are some  not subject to a trip to Panama? This would give some others a run out in the final match? The only think that could be at stake is an undefeated campaign..

With the whole pot 3 argument I think every game is full effort until the end.  The boys would love to go undefeated (!) over a 14 game WCQ campaign and I doubt they risk losing first place for the sake of a lot of rotation.   If we clinch, then drop a game, I could potentially see a different approach to the final game but even then Herdman may want the main crew to use it to get their mojo back.  I could see one or two guys getting rotated in but nothing to experimental.  

8 hours ago, Cblake said:

It's a good problem to have. Obviously, we all want to see Canada remain undefeated. I think they can just as easily do that with Corbeanu in the squad. Would be nice to see him included. 

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

It's a good problem to have. Obviously, we all want to see Canada remain undefeated. I think they can just as easily do that with Corbeanu in the squad. Would be nice to see him included. 

Yeah it will be interesting to see how Herdman starts to integrate players next window perhaps, nations league, friendlies, etc. as the World Cup draws near.  If a couple young guys are tearing it up but had nothing to do with qualification (Theo, Jebbison for example) do you choose them over guys that helped get you to Qatar?  Would that rock the boat internally? On one hand it’s a great problem to have but on the other hand there’s loyalty too.  

8 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

Yeah it will be interesting to see how Herdman starts to integrate players next window perhaps, nations league, friendlies, etc. as the World Cup draws near.  If a couple young guys are tearing it up but had nothing to do with qualification (Theo, Jebbison for example) do you choose them over guys that helped get you to Qatar?  Would that rock the boat internally? On one hand it’s a great problem to have but on the other hand there’s loyalty too.  

I agree about Jebbison, but Corbeanu's played for Canada before and has at least been in the mix for some of this WCQ campaign.

Combine that with overcoming the adversity at Wednesday / success at M.K., and I think he merits selection as long as he continues to do well.

I do get your point regarding loyalty, though. If you make wholesale changes simply because guys are more talented but have done nothing for Canada, you risk sending the wrong message about the value you place on committing to the program. Definitely not easy. 

Curbeanu Pasher and Cavallini for me with Larín and David  the forwards I will take to the WC.   Ukbe or Jebbison is another choice for a 6th striker as a big target man 9.

Attacking mids  have Alphonso and Buchanan could be there.  A bit of a #10 is needed.  Teibert could offer something or Pasher there

Edited by JAVIERF

7 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Curbeanu Pasher and Cavallini for me with Larín and David  the forwards I will take to the WC.   Ukbe or Jebbison is another choice for a 6th striker as a big target man 9.

Attacking mids  have Alphonso and Buchanan could be there.  A bit of a #10 is needed.  Teibert could offer something or Pasher there

Pasher would have to play out of his skin to get another NT chance, let alone get picked for the WC team. 

I am a big fan of his come up. He was a goal scoring winger in the USL and followed that up with a nice season at Houston Dynamo, but the two appearances that he earned with Canada were a little disappointing.

At best I would call him a long shot for the World Cup. 

41 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Pasher would have to play out of his skin to get another NT chance, let alone get picked for the WC team. 

I am a big fan of his come up. He was a goal scoring winger in the USL and followed that up with a nice season at Houston Dynamo, but the two appearances that he earned with Canada were a little disappointing.

At best I would call him a long shot for the World Cup. 

I'll have to say its just age isn't on his side. 
Because some guys have had consecutive bad appearances but still get called in.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

I'll have to say its just age isn't on his side. 
Because some guys have had consecutive bad appearances but still get called in.

I think if you're "in" then your consecutive bad appearances won't necessarily get you dropped, possibly because you're offering some other intangibles that benefit the team. However, if you are "out" and you're trying to play yourself in you can't have consecutive bad appearances, which makes sense. 

Furthermore, what we consider "bad appearances" may not be what Herdman considers bad. For example, Cavallini has struggled to score for the NT recently and we may consider that as bad, but Herdman may be content with what he's done in those minutes despite not scoring. Sure, Herdman would be thrilled more than anyone for Cavallini to score, but if Herdman has a role for him in a particular game and he nails it than he'll be trusted again. That may be as simple as coming on at the 80th minute and being a pain for the opposing backline.