Belal Halbouni

CanadaFan123

He kind of resembles van dijk before he got injured. He was also a forward converted to a centre back. Same size and build and same skill set. It’s amazing to see a kid grow and grow. Thanks for all the love and feed backs. We appreciate it. Also the negative stuff. Everyone’s has a right to say what they want. I bust on Lebron games too because he is the best. ❤️

12DC98BC-5E9A-4CEF-B124-5CDC4A301860.jpeg

E820811B-E3CD-43C2-9013-314188C5EA2E.jpeg

1A8423C3-4B39-4558-A777-E137D6CA2367.jpeg

Seemingly he's got all the right pieces physically and athletically. Football, as in most sports, defenders hit their prime later so excited to see what he can become if he can put it all together. Unlikely he'll crack Herdman's list this cycle, would be nice to see him get time with/around the group at some point, but definitely one to watch for next cycle

4 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Seemingly he's got all the right pieces physically and athletically. Football, as in most sports, defenders hit their prime later so excited to see what he can become if he can put it all together. Unlikely he'll crack Herdman's list this cycle, would be nice to see him get time with/around the group at some point, but definitely one to watch for next cycle

if he starts playing 1st team footie he's in the CMNT. He's a right footer apparently!

22 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

if he starts playing 1st team footie he's in the CMNT. He's a right footer apparently!

I agree, it would have to happen fast tho because these windows come quickly. Lets say we qualify and he hasn't featured in any WCQ matches, it'd be hard for him to displace any of the current core barring injuries or a Tajon-esque exponential rise

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Am I wrong in remembering that from the clips taken from the Jan. 2020 camp, it didn’t look like he got any time whatsoever?  Granted they were 3-4 minute clips.  May speak to how JH rates him.

Even if true though, it seems like he is on a pretty solid trajectory so Herdman would not limit his thinking to what he saw almost 2 years ago.  

23 minutes ago, Jay striker said:

He had tested positive at the start of camp from what I remember and was not able to practice or play for that matter except for the last couple of days. Was very unfortunate for him 

Was that confirmed to be him?  I thought everyone assumed it was Akinola or Akindele based on who was in the training photos.  Oh how little we had to discuss those days hahaha

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

Am I wrong in remembering that from the clips taken from the Jan. 2020 camp, it didn’t look like he got any time whatsoever?  Granted they were 3-4 minute clips.  May speak to how JH rates him.

He was the one player that got tested positive for Covid. He didn’t get to see the pitch and quarantined the whole time there (as per Canada soccer)

Thanks for reminding of us that fact guys.

Like many others I assumed he never made an impact, just because he wasn't called back since.

Surely he is on the cusp of debuting for the first team. If he keeps this up and doesn't get a chance soon, he'll need to go on loan for 1st team minutes elsewhere. I get he has to keep patient and wait for the chance, but at his age first team football is a must. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

Maybe they were just resting him since they were winning

That's what I'm thinking/hoping. Big scoreline, good time to take out your minutes leader. If that's the case, would show that he is becoming more and more important to the team.