Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

With all do respect to him, but this is currently his level. Malmo I can at least see him possibly getting minutes.

Those other rumours in the past in no way matched his playing level. He was never going to see any kind of minutes with those teams.

Not even Belgium? I feel like a team like Genk or something would be a good spot for him to grow.

8 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I don't get the hand-wringing. Malmo seems like a perfect move. Swedish champions, history of developing and selling on players, stable league, likely decent pay, frequently in Europe, playing in front of 5x the spectators every week...what more could we want for the kid?

For the transfer not to be a shitshow? Which it looks like it is

FWIW Malmo has the TM value of a typical MLS club, somewhere around the 30M range. I know he was technically linked to NYCFC, which are the exception (roughly 50M), but even that is roughly what Red Star's squad is worth, who he was also linked with.

Boavista, who he was also linked with as well, has a similar TM value as Malmo. 

Malmo is the right step in my opinion.

Even Genk is arguably too big a leap. Their squad value is over 100M. May as well suggest he join Besiktas, Olympiacos or Celtic, who all have 100M squad values. 

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not even Belgium? I feel like a team like Genk or something would be a good spot for him to grow.

Genk is in another stratosphere in terms of quality.  Anderlecht the same.  Smaller teams in Belgium don’t have much money and aren’t going to spend what they have on a player from Radnicki Nis.  Already as it is, Malmo is a big jump from that level.  

Malmo isnt that Zlatans first team he ever played for , Plus his Hometown .  I just want to see young players  get some minutes and keep getting better . Obvousley he is not as great as we thought he was  but hell he is only 19 so lets see where he progresses, and Hopefully Ivan just shuts up and lets his kid enjoy his career in peace

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

By what's been said in the past it sounds like he'd be working on a construction site in Hamilton right now maybe playing amateur level for the local Serbian club if his father hadn't believed his soccer career could still go somewhere after TFC and CanPL didn't offer him a contract. 

Or his dad is a cancer?

13 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

By what's been said in the past it sounds like he'd be working on a construction site in Hamilton right now maybe playing amateur level for the local Serbian club if his father hadn't believed his soccer career could still go somewhere after TFC and CanPL didn't offer him a contract. 

Says who, his dad?

I will say one thing (and I am just as guilty of it as most) - if Ivan has a big influence on all of Stef’s career decisions, we sure don’t help his chances of landing on the CMNT by bitching about Ivan.  Not to overstate our importance but a supporter’s group that actively and publicly alienates Ivan may be one more factor in the apparent chill towards the CMNT.  And again, I recognize that I have been as openly critical as others.  

On 6/29/2022 at 3:13 PM, InglewoodJack said:

I really don't see him getting much playing time with Genk too.

Said it in the past, but I truly believe he isn't any different than some of the kids that are playing with TFC right now. If he wasn't playing in Europe nobody would be talking about him.

25 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

I really don't see him getting much playing time with Genk too.

Said it in the past, but I truly believe he isn't any different than some of the kids that are playing with TFC right now. If he wasn't playing in Europe nobody would be talking about him.

Could end up having a Stefan Cebara type career

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I gotta be honest - my interest in the club success of uncommitted dual nationals is luke-warm at best.   Once they pull on the red and white I am 100% on board the hype train.  But until that time, I no longer invest a lot of emotional energy in their successes or failures. 

I am with you