Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

After reading all the drama surrounding Stefan the past year, I wouldn't get to excited until its signed.  Pretty sure his Dad can still get a wrench in there and mess this up.  My only hope is that Ivan doesn't follow him to Sweden, and just lets the kid grow up and play some soccer.  The guy just needs to step back for the sake of his sons career.

So the Twitter jester was really serious when he said that only he sees Stef’s contracts and if he doesn’t see it it never happens!!! Only issue is apparently the team was not aware. Now that he’s been disrespected by TWO soccer nations, can he qualify for a third nation who will respect the future (or present) football sensation, Stefan Mitrovic??

9 minutes ago, narduch said:

That's not an official account for Mitrovic's team.

I wonder if this story is anywhere else.

Sounds like his dad is fucking shit up for him.

Translation of google translation:

Uncle Ivan was serious when he said nothing gets discussed unless it goes through him. Unfortunatley, Rad doesn't seeing that way and will now sue Malmo for negotiating with Ivan behind the club's back.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

Wow… this may move the betting odds if Malmo doesn’t have Mitrovic in uniform for their very important champions league matches next week against… Vikingur Reykjavik

In all seriousness though, it would be a shame if the move fell through.

Seems like a great place where Stef can be challenged to grow into a better player without being buried in the depth chart, as would have likely been the case at clubs like Brugge or Anderlehct.

There were the Boavista rumours a while back, and while playing time may be easier, he'd likely be in the middle or lower parts of the table instead of the top. I would ratherhe be at the top of a weaker league, so he can shine, than bottom of a strong one.

This is not the first statement by R Nis to that effect. If a player is under contract no one can negotiate with him until it's 6 months to the end of that contract. And that does not seem to be the case. 

Also: neither Ivan nor the "agent" who was with Serbia White Eagles are FIFA agents, so they would always have to also include an official agent to do any deal. And it is not clear they are doing that properly. 

Normally if you want to speak you do so through third parties, those involved remain discreet, and no statements are made that could get you into a mess. 

Malmo is not going to pay for a player that causes them problems or is not properly managed, as is the case here. Ivan's tweet, like so many before that, is entirely irresponsible and shows what an amateur he is. Apart from that, the typical tactic is to try to pay less than the release clause, if the club is interested in speaking about it. It also means the player may get better contract terms if the release cost is lower. But if R Nis is not interested in speaking about it, you have to 1-agree to terms with the player, privately, then 2-pay the clause. 

Here I don't know how these clauses work in Serbia, in Spain they are quite clear but usually they are astronomical as clubs don't like to lose a player without being able to negotiate the deal.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This is not the first statement by R Nis to that effect. If a player is under contract no one can negotiate with him until it's 6 months to the end of that contract. And that does not seem to be the case. 

Also: neither Ivan nor the "agent" who was with Serbia White Eagles are FIFA agents, so they would always have to also include an official agent to do any deal. And it is not clear they are doing that properly. 

Normally if you want to speak you do so through third parties, those involved remain discreet, and no statements are made that could get you into a mess. 

Malmo is not going to pay for a player that causes them problems or is not properly managed, as is the case here. Ivan's tweet, like so many before that, is entirely irresponsible and shows what an amateur he is. Apart from that, the typical tactic is to try to pay less than the release clause, if the club is interested in speaking about it. It also means the player may get better contract terms if the release cost is lower. But if R Nis is not interested in speaking about it, you have to 1-agree to terms with the player, privately, then 2-pay the clause. 

Here I don't know how these clauses work in Serbia, in Spain they are quite clear but usually they are astronomical as clubs don't like to lose a player without being able to negotiate the deal.

Remember when TFC signed Pozuelo they triggered his release clause.

TFC had to kick in a few extra million because Genk (or Gent?) threatened to sue (siting the fact that TFC triggered the clause outside the Belgian transfer window).

Edited by narduch

20 minutes ago, Obinna said:

In all seriousness though, it would be a shame if the move fell through.

Seems like a great place where Stef can be challenged to grow into a better player without being buried in the depth chart, as would have likely been the case at clubs like Brugge or Anderlehct.

There were the Boavista rumours a while back, and while playing time may be easier, he'd likely be in the middle or lower parts of the table instead of the top. I would ratherhe be at the top of a weaker league, so he can shine, than bottom of a strong one.

Yeah I’m just talking shit because after all this drama with his father, you’d expect him to land in a top 7 league or something, so to  ultimately move to Poland or Sweden makes this whole saga kinda funny to me, and even funnier if he does choose to spur Canada for Serbia MNT.

good point on the top team of a lower league vs a bad team in a top league, that’s probably right. I don’t know how their finances work, but also, my guesses is that Malmo, being one of the best European hockey clubs and I believe they are also decent at basketball probably have way better facilities and more infrastructure budget than a lower level Portuguese team. Still, I wonder if he could take a similar path to like Simon Colyn and play for a big 3 Eredivise reserve team and set himself up for a call up to the main squad in a year or two. That said, I think with now two credible rumours seemingly nixed due to some communications breakdown between his “team” (dad) and Niš, I wonder if that gives some of the bigger clubs who were apparently interested a bit of pause when recruiting him. Don’t know if Anderlecht or PSV or whatever wants to deal with a player who’s father is working in parallel to the club.

My experience with “elite teams” is pretty damn limited.   A provincial basketball team in PEI isn’t exactly the big leagues.  But even I know that you don’t shit where you live and you play nice with the coaches, administrators etc.  If this ongoing saga with Ivan is any indication of his past interactions with the CSA coaches and brass, it is no wonder Stephan has historically been snubbed.  To date he hasn’t shown himself to be such a world beater that would justify putting up with a parent that is so singularly focused on manufacturing his own desired outcome and willing to meddle in every facet of his son’s progress. 

Maybe Mitrovic turns into an absolute monster and we regret not doing more to accommodate him and his advocate, but I can increasingly understand why the folks making the decisions may have steered clear of the whole thing - especially when you consider the strong the intention of forming a cohesive unit of guys that are all focused on a unified objective.   

10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Malmo is not going to pay for a player that causes them problems or is not properly managed, as is the case here. Ivan's tweet, like so many before that, is entirely irresponsible and shows what an amateur he is.

This honestly just feels like a trailer park boys version of the thing NBA players do where they’ve got an agent, but it’s their uncle who’s in the meeting securing the private jet and the 20 court side tickets every game and so on.

10 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

So the Twitter jester was really serious when he said that only he sees Stef’s contracts and if he doesn’t see it it never happens!!! Only issue is apparently the team was not aware. Now that he’s been disrespected by TWO soccer nations, can he qualify for a third nation who will respect the future (or present) football sensation, Stefan Mitrovic??

Sir Ivan supreme Lord of the Idiots.

He played for Radnicki yesterday.

Раднички је овај сусрет почео у следећем саставу: Стевановић, Аксентијевић, Јовичић, Млађовић, Стајић, Пејовић, Арсић, Месаромвић, Петров, Јовановић и Штулић. Током другог полувремена ушли су Марјановић, Душанић, Дујмовић, Митровић, Мићибући, Димић, Марковић, Мака, Араухо и Живојиновић.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:49 PM, Shway said:

Damn after all that hoopla.... Malmo...for real?

With all do respect to him, but this is currently his level. Malmo I can at least see him possibly getting minutes.

Those other rumours in the past in no way matched his playing level. He was never going to see any kind of minutes with those teams.

Edited by Colliedor

On 6/27/2022 at 1:27 PM, dyslexic nam said:

My experience with “elite teams” is pretty damn limited.   A provincial basketball team in PEI isn’t exactly the big leagues.  But even I know that you don’t shit where you live and you play nice with the coaches, administrators etc.  If this ongoing saga with Ivan is any indication of his past interactions with the CSA coaches and brass, it is no wonder Stephan has historically been snubbed.  To date he hasn’t shown himself to be such a world beater that would justify putting up with a parent that is so singularly focused on manufacturing his own desired outcome and willing to meddle in every facet of his son’s progress. 

Maybe Mitrovic turns into an absolute monster and we regret not doing more to accommodate him and his advocate, but I can increasingly understand why the folks making the decisions may have steered clear of the whole thing - especially when you consider the strong the intention of forming a cohesive unit of guys that are all focused on a unified objective.   

I felt this way about the situation a long time ago: one big off field distraction to avoid.

On 6/27/2022 at 3:49 PM, Shway said:

Damn after all that hoopla.... Malmo...for real?

Malmo played vs Forest for the 1979 Euro Cup, I was a Toronto Blizzard fan and somehow they lured their manager the highly regarded Bob Houghton away to come coach in the NASL, the team had massively overachieved and much of it was due to Houghton's shrewd coaching! Of course the club has not seen that success since then, neither has Forest!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_European_Cup_Final