Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

On 3/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

Osorio, Crepeau?

Osorio not the best example as he spent a good chunk of his youth development in South America. 

Leaving that aside, I understand where old Ivan is coming from but he’s got to realize a lot of players worldwide have the same experience and don’t necessarily rant and hold it against their national team the program. 

There are loads of players that were cut by Cdn based club teams, were not signed to their academies or didn't rep Cdn youth teams until much later and still wanted to wear Cdn red....Kaye, Corbeanu, Millar,  Johnston, DSC, Ayo etc. Larin's first youth appearance was for U20s and ironically during the MLS draft where he was the 1st pick. 

5 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Do you have the particulars on that because I don't recall them.  And were they the domineering factors in him playing for TFC.

He played in Uruguay for several years. There are a few interviews where he credits that with giving him the skills necessary to be a professional. 

TFCA tries to take credit but the truth is he played in the CSL for the better part of the year for another team, they saw him and scooped him. Then, he was playing with the first team within 6 months.

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

He played in Uruguay for several years. There are a few interviews where he credits that with giving him the skills necessary to be a professional. 

TFCA tries to take credit but the truth is he played in the CSL for the better part of the year for another team, they saw him and scooped him. Then, he was playing with the first team within 6 months.

I believe Osorio was one of the 4 I think Oakville youth players that went to Uruguay for a few years.  Cav was one, I think Grant and the other guy was Ferriega (sp?) if my memory serves correctly.  Cav stayed the longest.

6 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I believe Osorio was one of the 4 I think Oakville youth players that went to Uruguay for a few years.  Cav was one, I think Grant and the other guy was Ferriega (sp?) if my memory serves correctly.  Cav stayed the longest.

Didn’t Osorio play for Clarkson during his youth in Canada? 

4 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Still hoping to see Mitrovic at this CMNT camp. Hope he has been invited to get to know the squad.  Any news, Ivan (Stefan's dad)? Thanks.

Don't think he can make it since he's going to the Serbia u21 camp. 

6 minutes ago, An Observer said:

It might have been Clarkson and not Oakville….it was definitely from that part of the Toronto suburbs and Clarkson is right next to Oakville

https://www.mississauga.com/community-story/3143395-soccer-players-add-a-little-rhythm-to-their-game/

It was Clarkson.  I believe of the 5 or 6 mentioned in the article, Cavallini, Osorio, Grant and one other went for awhile

10 hours ago, ag futbol said:

Osorio not the best example as he spent a good chunk of his youth development in South America. 

Leaving that aside, I understand where old Ivan is coming from but he’s got to realize a lot of players worldwide have the same experience and don’t necessarily rant and hold it against their national team the program. 

What’s a good chunk ? I think Osorio spent less that two years in Uruguay from what I recall .

21 hours ago, SoccMan said:

What’s a good chunk ? I think Osorio spent less that two years in Uruguay from what I recall .

Believe it was closer to 3 or more. He’s quoted in interviews as being key to his development. Would have been in his late teens, so sort of makes sense 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Interesting that Corbeanu liked it.

Honestly in my mind he chose Serbia a long time ago.

All the talk about not making his decision yet is just to play us.

I mean he and Theo have been friends since very young. Nothing weird about supporting your friend.

I don't think we overthink this one, just like Jebbison with England, we all knew he was involved with Serbia's youth set up. Sure it's not the same pedigree as England's, but until it's involving a senior call up this is nothing to get worked up over

That post is entirely pertaining to him currently playing with Serbia U21 National Team.  It has nothing to do with committing to the Serbian Men's National team.  It is no different than what Flores does for Mexico U20 or what Eustaquio was doing with Portugal U21's.

Has anyone taken a look at the Serbian National Team roster lately?  Perhaps Serbia will try and do what Romania did with Sali.  But that midfield consists of top quality players who play for Ajax, Sevilla, Frankfurt, Benfica, Lazio, Porto, Valencia etc.  It would be incredibly bold of him to commit to the men's Serbia National Team at this point.  He's young and still lots of potential to grow but he's still got a very long way from breaking through with the senior national team.

5 minutes ago, Corazon said:

That post is entirely pertaining to him currently playing with Serbia U21 National Team.  It has nothing to do with committing to the Serbian Men's National team.  It is no different than what Flores does for Mexico U20 or what Eustaquio was doing with Portugal U21's.

Has anyone taken a look at the Serbian National Team roster lately?  Perhaps Serbia will try and do what Romania did with Sali.  But that midfield consists of top quality players who play for Ajax, Sevilla, Frankfurt, Benfica, Lazio, Porto, Valencia etc.  It would be incredibly bold of him to commit to the men's Serbia National Team at this point.  He's young and still lots of potential to grow but he's still got a very long way from breaking through with the senior national team.

This, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. This decision has nothing to do with his Men's national team decision. 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Interesting that Corbeanu liked it.

Honestly in my mind he chose Serbia a long time ago.

All the talk about not making his decision yet is just to play us.

Theo also liked Enes Sali's post about getting his Romania senior call.

---

Theo switched from another country to Canada and Stefan still can too.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille