Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

https://twitter.com/ivanmitro75/status/1516904381945417728?s=20&t=WTQ8cKD7TNik2rMrpJ28iA

image.png.83f6bd3db86d399ae1bcbb32808ac69a.png

I may have missed something. Radnicki Nis is not in a champions league position. Or did Ivan just prematurely telegraph inside info again? Or maybe just prediction like his top 20 tweet?

hey man if you do this…
image.thumb.png.6cb71a74769ffb18fff28beab1b5a398.png

Then this….

image.thumb.png.fb4f5eb1afabdef25b89ba865bae5fbb.png

And paste the link here, you will get this:

(I know some have asked/or wondered how to do this)

• 3 weeks later...

For all the shit we give Uncle Ivan, Stefan deserves a call into camp. The last WCQ window kind of exposed that our central midfield depth is still not as great as we would like and while he's certainly more of a number 10 than a deeper mid, it's still a position of need in my eyes. Let's see what the kid can bring

4 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

For all the shit we give Uncle Ivan, Stefan deserves a call into camp. The last WCQ window kind of exposed that our central midfield depth is still not as great as we would like and while he's certainly more of a number 10 than a deeper mid, it's still a position of need in my eyes. Let's see what the kid can bring

Agreed, the child shouldn't be judged by the sins of the uncle... err... father

Am I behind on this? Last I remember Mitrovic was coming to the Winter camp that got cancelled.  Has he been to a Serbian youth camp since....or is this still up in the air ie waiting for someone to give him a senior call?  Uncle Ivan's posts not withstanding.  

31 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Am I behind on this? Last I remember Mitrovic was coming to the Winter camp that got cancelled.  Has he been to a Serbian youth camp since....or is this still up in the air ie waiting for someone to give him a senior call?  Uncle Ivan's posts not withstanding.  

No you're correct, I think most people are just acknowledging his recent run of form and that we should be bringing him in now. The only thing I wonder is the Winter Camp would not have cap tied him... if he still isn't on board for a cap tie, would he realistically get any time in our Qatar friendlies or would Herdman be wanting to run out strictly guys that are destined for Qatar

23 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Stefan Mitrovic if he is called for Nations League, I personally would love that

His Dad posted this article on twitter.  With google translate it would appear that he is on a provisional list of 35 that and that the final list for nations league will be submitted May 15th.   Stefan also said in the article that you can't image how much respect I have for Milan Borjan when asked about the goal he scored against him.  He said he speaks regularly with him and his brother Nikola.  There's been some question as to whether or not he would accept a call for nations league.  I think he would and I think we would be crazy not to include him on the squad for nations league.

https://sportklub.rs/blog/blog-ostalo/izmedju-zvezde-i-partizana-biram-inostranstvo/?ref=push

38 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

His Dad posted this article on twitter.  With google translate it would appear that he is on a provisional list of 35 that and that the final list for nations league will be submitted May 15th.   Stefan also said in the article that you can't image how much respect I have for Milan Borjan when asked about the goal he scored against him.  He said he speaks regularly with him and his brother Nikola.  There's been some question as to whether or not he would accept a call for nations league.  I think he would and I think we would be crazy not to include him on the squad for nations league.

https://sportklub.rs/blog/blog-ostalo/izmedju-zvezde-i-partizana-biram-inostranstvo/?ref=push

If this is true it means he filed his one time switch  

Which would already cap tie him to us

41 minutes ago, narduch said:

If this is true it means he filed his one time switch  

Which would already cap tie him to us

I don't think being on a provisional list would require a one time switch.  I'm pretty sure Flores was put on a provisional list for the gold cup list last summer too.  If he would to be included on the final list submitted for nations league that would require him to file a one time switch.  

18 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

But if he files his switch and he is officially a CANMNT player, then who knows he could be in the mix as far as our final squad for Qatar or is that too early? Because I am sure the Serbian FA is also monitoring him too

Most managers make promises to young kids that are entirely empty to cap tie them.  Herdman has shown the willingness to trust young players.  If Stefan committed and showed well in nations leagues and friendlies, he very well could earn his way to Qatar especially if there's a 26 man roster.  Has that been confirmed yet?

Why would he have to file his one time switch; he’s never played for Serbia’s senior team. 

In terms of call ups, Johnathan David was called up to the USMNT in 2018. He simply declined and then we cap tied him soon after. If Mitrovic wants to play for Serbia he still can. That said, he’s my favourite uncapped dual national and I really hope he lock him up. Don’t know whether he’d crack the WC roster, however he’d be a much better immediate contributor than someone like Flores for example. I pray he gets a transfer out of Serbia ASAP because I’m sure that they’re keeping a very close eye on him. His appearance on the northern futbol podcast was encouraging, he seems really interested in playing for Canada, though things can obviously change.

27 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Why would he have to file his one time switch; he’s never played for Serbia’s senior team. 

Someone more knowledgeable than I will give you more details, but I think its the youth (u-21) games that fudge things up.  If he had a clean slate with both countries it would be straight forward, but now that he has played official youth matches, there is more paperwork to fill out to make the switch official eh??  

50 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

In terms of call ups, Johnathan David was called up to the USMNT in 2018. He simply declined and then we cap tied him soon after. If Mitrovic wants to play for Serbia he still can. That said, he’s my favourite uncapped dual national and I really hope he lock him up. Don’t know whether he’d crack the WC roster, however he’d be a much better immediate contributor than someone like Flores for example. I pray he gets a transfer out of Serbia ASAP because I’m sure that they’re keeping a very close eye on him. His appearance on the northern futbol podcast was encouraging, he seems really interested in playing for Canada, though things can obviously change.

He has to file his one time switch because he played in official youth competitions for Serbia