Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

He's going to burn bridges.  I'll be disappointed if Canada miss out on him given his current projection and I get that playing U21 Euro international footy is good.

Serbia Senior squad has underachieved in recent years but they seem to have got it together lately.  Very talented.  The current group of midfielders on the most recent Serbia National Team play for the clubs:

Getafe, Sevilla, Valencia, Torino, Lazio, Porto, Benfica, Ajax, Frankfurt & PAOK.  There are also 4 other recent midfield call ups from Serie A/B.  That is a very deep midfield and no one from Radnicki is breaking through there with the senior squad.  Neither will anyone from Red Star or Partizan.

It would seem he has a far greater chance of breaking into our midfield 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Corazon

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

He's going to burn bridges.  I'll be disappointed if Canada miss out on him given his current projection and I get that playing U21 Euro international footy is good.

Serbia Senior squad has underachieved in recent years but they seem to have got it together lately.  Very talented.

The current group of midfielders on the Serbia National Team play for the clubs:

Getafe, Sevilla & Valencia, Torino, Lazio, Porto, Benfica, Ajax, Frankfurt & PAOK.  There are also 4 other recent midfield call ups from Serie A.  

The funny part is he's been on twitter claiming he has nothing to do with this decision it's all Stefan.  Guy is out here needlessly and wrecklessly calling out Canada soccer potentially burning a bridge for Stefan.  

Pure speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if his involvement in trying negotiate a January transfer was part of why it didn't end up happening.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

I think we will use our strongest team in Nations League.

Not if it's a home match against Grenada. For any other team, I'd agree.

---

@Markoaleks , the main source:

https://fss.rs/u21-selektor-goran-stevanovic-saopstio-imena-igraca-za-kvalifikacione-meceve-protiv-jermenije-i-severne-makedonije/

10 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

This guy has to get off Twitter, he’s going to kill his sons career.

For any pro wrestling fans out there, this reminds me of the real life story of Jim Ross and Buff (and his mother) Judy Bagwell.  Judy Bagwell calls Jim Ross and said her son needs to miss a few wrestling dates.  Jim Ross said, mam, no disrespect, but I think your son is a grown man and shouldn't have his mother calling about his personal business.  We won't be conversing again and if Buff has any issues he can call me himself.

Uncle Ivan is playing the role of Judy Bagwell

Further, Buff was fired from WWE (for many reasons) and blamed Jim Ross for killing his career.

Stefan, pay attention, you are playing the role of Buff!

1 hour ago, K1J3 said:

He is turning into Lavar Ball, which as Joe eluded to is very WWE. I guess we are just waiting for him to say he could beat Messi one on one

85CD3D3C-61D9-4EE8-9851-D956ABFB69EF.jpeg

Worst comparison. Lavar believed in his sons, talked way too much but look where they all are today. Damn successful.

You can’t ignore talent, regardless of a belligerent parent.

In Stefan’s case, his dad isn’t his agent and we’ve yet to hear that the agent is “frustrated” or told his dad “to cut it out, he’s messing up deals”. 

We are in 2022. This isn’t 2000 where kids aren’t judged by their parents actions or their surroundings. 

Yea his dad is obnoxious, but Stefan personally hasn’t burned any bridges or bad mouthed the CSA on his social media. So we all just need to tone it down, and wait for it all to play out.

34 minutes ago, Shway said:

Worst comparison. Lavar believed in his sons, talked way too much but look where they all are today. Damn successful.

Ideally Stefan will be damn successful, I hope he is as successful as his father believes, I want him to do it in a Canada kit

You can’t ignore talent, regardless of a belligerent parent.

Ideally Stefan will be successful much like 2 of the Ball brothers 

In Stefan’s case, his dad isn’t his agent and we’ve yet to hear that the agent is “frustrated” or told his dad “to cut it out, he’s messing up deals”. 

Aren’t we all reading his dad’s tweets thinking: ‘is this helping his son?’ Is Stefan’s agent encouraging his dad to tweet all this? Or is his agent not saying anything and dad is the way they are trying to drum up interest as leverage for a future move?

We are in 2022. This isn’t 2000 where kids aren’t judged by their parents actions or their surroundings. 

Yea his dad is obnoxious, but Stefan personally hasn’t burned any bridges or bad mouthed the CSA on his social media. So we all just need to tone it down, and wait for it all to play out.

I completely agree Stefan hasn't said anything wrong but he’s not clueless to what his dad continuously tweets about him and his future. I just worry, like most, that his dad is more about responses to tweets than his son’s future and on pitch performances 

5 hours ago, nolando said:

Wait, where exactly is he telling Canada to go right now?

You know there's a cartoon going around in hockey forums where a fan of a rival team is wearing his team's sweater and pissing on the rival sweater laying on the ground. Well Ivan's last message reminds me of that cartoon. He's wearing the Serbia jersey pissing on the Canada logo, turning over his shoulder smiling at us and saying Go Canada. 

Someone should tell him to put his ding a ling away.

22 minutes ago, Califax said:

I have an admiration for any father going to bat for his son. On that other hand, I feel like Stef is internally yelling 

DAAAAD STOPPPPPPPPP!

Amazing to see a dad constantly on Twitter talking with us or whoever about his son.  Mitrovic needs his own management to step in etc.

Grievance is the adernaline of motivators, over time it weakens your resolve and is toxic to those around you. We can only trust that Stefan has found his own motivation beyond perceived slights and failures.

Let's not forget - this is just a rambling dad. So many players have a stage parent pushing them throughout their life. Stef will likely choose which ever country comes calling first and presents him the most likely path to a starting spot in the short term.

Edited by The Real Marc

21 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

Honestly, go play for Serbia dude. Going about this the wrong way. His dad is obviously trying to play the urgency that he may play for Serbia to force a look from Canada. If his talent was outstanding, his dad wouldn't have to do these kinds of things to get attention. Move on.

These are the takes I hate.

Children don’t choose their parents, mother’s can only choose their children.

Stefan hasn’t said anything other than he’s interested in representing Canada when the time is right. His fathers words, aren’t his. 

Reality is he’s a talented 19yo, with nearly 50 professional games in a reputable league. We don’t move on until HIS(…not his fathers) decision says so.