Stefan Mitrovic

Blackjack15

I was trying to start a band a few months ago and I had a guy message me about his son who was also trying to get a band together, he reminds me so much of Ivan now that I think about it lol. His son is really talented for his age but I got major helicopter parent vibes from the dad, I think they're trying to live through their kids.

It's one thing to be proud of your kid and involved with their hobby/career but it's another when you're basically controlling them or trying to get in the spotlight.

None of us really know what's going on. That being said, I kind of doubt anything Ivan tweeted torpedoed any deals for his son. It's probably just that he overestimated the interest in his son. I'm sure there are lots of players that have positive talks with teams but the deal still doesn't end up getting over the finish line for one reason or another.

26 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I know people will downplay it because it’s not “Europe!” but NYFC would be a good spot for Mitrovic. 

Yeah, perceptions of MLS are slow to change as a place to go.  The reality is that he could gets serious minutes against solid opposition in NY.  Plus I wouldn’t mind seeing him get out of the Eastern European context while we are still trying to lock him down (though it seems more likely than not).  

13 hours ago, Floortom said:

I know people will downplay it because it’s not “Europe!” but NYFC would be a good spot for Mitrovic. 

It’s usually pretty hard for a young player to break through in MLS as an attacking player or a 10. I don’t watch NYCFC but isn’t Maxi Morales that player for them? Seems difficult to dislodge him. Maybe Mitrovic would play more as a winger or an 8? What formation do they use there?

40 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Would it be any easier at Partizan or Red Star for a 19 year old signing? Think that goes with the territory.

Fair enough, I’m sure it would be a difficult side to break into as well. I just meant to point out the uniqueness of MLS with the DP situation. If they’re paying a massive portion of their overall wages to a #10, they won’t sit that player. It’s more balanced in Europe so there isn’t so much pressure to play a particular player because of the wages they’re on.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So was looking, they won 1-0. He had another chance later. Got a card and sits out the next match.

The team is sitting in 4th spot, which is pretty good, though it is really a pack in the middle, they have no chance of making it to 3rd.

As a Serbian Canadian I could not be happier between both countries trying to cap tie him. I think he has a better chance to do well for Red Star rather then Partizan but again that is said with extreme biased being a Red Star fan. No matter where he goes I’ll be happy as he is a talent.

7 hours ago, scullion44 said:

He’s on target to be more than good enough to play for Serbia. Wouldn’t be shocked if he picked them over us.

Well, Serbia's current national team is probably their best since at least 1998. I actually have them as a dark horse to win WC 2022, along with us ofcourse. 

Edited by Macksam

10 hours ago, scullion44 said:

He’s on target to be more than good enough to play for Serbia. Wouldn’t be shocked if he picked them over us.

That’s why we need to cap him before he moves onto a bigger club esp outside of Serbia. I noticed Serbian national team usually picks players playing outside of the league 

This article on B92 suggests that Mitrovic told the interviewer that he rejected a call-up from Canada's national team. He also appears to have said he believes he can earn a call-up to Serbia's national team. The article also confirms he signed a new two-year deal with Radnicki Nis. 

https://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2022&mm=03&dd=11&nav_id=2120265

Not sure what to make of this, since I remember he did accept Herdman's call to join the national team for the friendly against Guatemala. 

13 minutes ago, boris4c said:

This article on B92 suggests that Mitrovic told the interviewer that he rejected a call-up from Canada's national team. He also appears to have said he believes he can earn a call-up to Serbia's national team. The article also confirms he signed a new two-year deal with Radnicki Nis. 

https://www.b92.net/sport/fudbal/vesti.php?yyyy=2022&mm=03&dd=11&nav_id=2120265

Not sure what to make of this, since I remember he did accept Herdman's call to join the national team for the friendly against Guatemala. 

Here’s his father’s response on Twitter.

With some of our midfield carrying injuries (Hutchinson, Osorio, Piette, Davies if you count him as a mid) this might be a good time to get Mitrovic into the fold. Paton might be an option as well but is not a dual national AFAIK.

Last window we had Staq, Hutch, Osorio, Kaye, Piette and Fraser

I see all of these guys back except Piette (injured and not in form/fitness). There will be opening for at least 1 other midfielder.