Camp Poutine 2020 in beautiful California

Alex

Why am I seeing players like Fraser and Shome placed as wingers? lol.

I saw very little of Brym, but from what I saw his style can probably suit the winger role as well if needed.

If Borges plays wing, I hope they play him on the right and not the left. I think he's way better on the right side where he can cut in. Left side forces him to be more direct and frankly I don't think he has the speed to pull it off.

Edited by Colliedor

3 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I saw very little of Brym, but from what I saw his style can probably suit the winger role as well if needed.

If Borges plays wing, I hope they play him on the right and not the left. I think he's way better on the right side where he can cut in. Left side forces him to be more direct and frankly I don't think he has the speed to pull it off.

If you’re referencing my lineup it was more supposed to be 3 attacking mids with him on the leftest most side.

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

Shome is one player in particular I am excited about.

He's a '97 who is playing regularly in MLS and playing well. He never seems to let his team down. He has a high work rate and is somewhat athletic. He is not contributing much in the goal department, but keeps it simple and doesn't try and do too much. I like that he generally makes good decisions too.

Right now I see him as a more robust version of Teibert.  RT may arguably be more clean, but I have been impressed by how clean Shome was last year with the Impact.

Anyways, I think there will be competition between them because I think Shome's roll would be similar to the roll Teibert plays in the midfield.

Can Shome pass forward?  Than he's got Teibert beat.

19 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Where did you see this. I had to check to see who could possibly suggest this but couldn't find them. 

Edited by Shway

Currently we sit 15points behind El Salvador. 

Canada win vs Barbados: 1.13pts, Canada loss vs Barbados: -3.87pts

Canada win vs Iceland:  3.11pts, Canada loss vs Iceland: -1.89pts

El Salvador win vs Iceland: 3pts, El Salvador loss vs Iceland: -2pts.

If we win out and El Salvador loses to Iceland the gap drops to just 8 points. I also believe there are another 3 FIFA windows to be played. Things could get interesting if our depth comes clutch and Iceland grabs a win over El Salvador. 

26 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

If we win out and El Salvador loses to Iceland the gap drops to just 8 points. I also believe there are another 3 FIFA windows to be played. Things could get interesting if our depth comes clutch and Iceland grabs a win over El Salvador. 

I believe El Salvador changed their  game vs Iceland to a scrimmage because they pussed out.

47 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

Alex is correct. Also, only 2 official windows but there has been talk of playing out of window in May.

Also, we would gain 0.61 for a draw against Iceland. So the most likely scenario is we exit this window with 2.86 additional points.

This camp is probably very important for Chapman.

Not only does he get a chance to play his way back into the Canada picture, but he also gets a head start ahead of his Inter Miami pre-season camp.

I am hoping the early extra reps with Canada give him a leg up on the other midfielders who will be vying for a place in the team. It's a brand new club so Chapman really has a chance to cement a spot and grow into his potential.

Edited by Obinna

42 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm hoping they don't broadcast the Barbados game. I'm sure Iceland know nothing about 95% of our team. I would like to keep it that way

If we loose the Iceland game we're done a tie is chip and chair scenario time

Iceland are likely going to be more concerned about themselves. It's a January friendly, so even if they had film I doubt they'll put much effort into in-depth analyzing.

At the most I see them tuning in out of interest, not because they want or need to gain intelligence about us. I don't see them focusing much on how they'll deal with our players, formation, etc., because all that is subject to change from one game to the next anyways.

It is a friendly afterall and we have a big squad called. It's hard enough for us fans to predict who or how we play against Iceand. I doubt their coaching staff will spend much time trying to figure those things out.

Edited by Obinna

50 minutes ago, Shway said:

Is anyone else finding it hard to get excited/interested in game that you can't potentially watch?

Translation: Has anyone been following Canada for more than ten years? 

Y'all kids have been spoiled with your streams and your snapchats and your Tiktoks.  This is how it used to be in the glory days.  You'd be lucky if you could find an audio stream of a bunch of Welsh commentators making fun of the Canadian warmups and you'd like it.

8 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Translation: Has anyone been following Canada for more than ten years? 

Y'all kids have been spoiled with your streams and your snapchats and your Tiktoks.  This is how it used to be in the glory days.  You'd be lucky if you could find an audio stream of a bunch of Welsh commentators making fun of the Canadian warmups and you'd like it.

El Hombre tellin' it like it is.  We wanna turn the clock back to waiting for the morning paper to get the score from Tegucigalpa. 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Iceland are likely going to be more concerned about themselves. It's a January friendly, so even if they had film I doubt they'll put much effort into in-depth analyzing.

At the most I see them tuning in out of interest, not because they want or need to gain intelligence about us. I don't see them focusing much on how they'll deal with our players, formation, etc., because all that is subject to change from one game to the next anyways.

It is a friendly afterall and we have a big squad called. It's hard enough for us fans to predict who or how we play against Iceand. I doubt their coaching staff will spend much time trying to figure those things out.

And this attitude is why we suck. Then we loose to Iceland and everyone starts crying

Edited by SpursFlu