Thomas McGill - (2000 keeper)

Sigma78

27 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-brighton-star-bart-verbruggen-out-for-six-weeks-after-injury-blow/

Verbruggen out for six weeks

Brighton still have Steele of course.  

Actually worried this might stop a move, if McGill is open to one.

When does the window close?

Can he just move on the last day? Like Sept 1st or something?

7 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So given his playing level, I don’t see how he’s going to keep getting called unless he’s lights out.

they must like his potential, but League 2 at 24… vs his comparables who are in MLS… We should be calling Gavran before him.

Or Sirois really.

Maybe even Pantemis although maybe it isn't fair to Portland to call 2 of their keepers

12 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So given his playing level, I don’t see how he’s going to keep getting called unless he’s lights out.

they must like his potential, but League 2 at 24… vs his comparables who are in MLS… We should be calling Gavran before him.

I'm pretty sure he's getting called over Gavran and Sirois not because he's necessarily better than them, but because he was the 3rd keeper for Brighton so getting called wouldn't interrupt his form or jeopardize a starting spot at club level. That, plus the fact that 3rd keepers for national teams only play in extreme emergencies, meant it made sense to bring him in and let guys like Sirois, Gavran, and Pantemis get MLS starts and keep their club form going.

It'll be interesting to see how Marsch views that 3rd keeper spot if McGill is starting week in and week out for MK Dons now. It makes sense to use it as a development spot for a young keeper who is playing in a youth setup or in a much lower league and have the top two spots be where the real competition for minutes happen. Grégoire Świderski is the next logical guy to step into that developmental 3rd keeper role so we can let McGill get some much needed minutes at club level to establish a career for himself.

1 hour ago, Wasp said:

I'm pretty sure he's getting called over Gavran and Sirois not because he's necessarily better than them, but because he was the 3rd keeper for Brighton so getting called wouldn't interrupt his form or jeopardize a starting spot at club level. That, plus the fact that 3rd keepers for national teams only play in extreme emergencies, meant it made sense to bring him in and let guys like Sirois, Gavran, and Pantemis get MLS starts and keep their club form going.

It'll be interesting to see how Marsch views that 3rd keeper spot if McGill is starting week in and week out for MK Dons now. It makes sense to use it as a development spot for a young keeper who is playing in a youth setup or in a much lower league and have the top two spots be where the real competition for minutes happen. Grégoire Świderski is the next logical guy to step into that developmental 3rd keeper role so we can let McGill get some much needed minutes at club level to establish a career for himself.

Also seems like Swiderski is a decent prospect and might have a shot at being better than everything we have now.

One of my colleagues in the UK is a big Dons guy. Made the mistake of telling him I casually follow Wimbledon (sorta did for a minute), and since then, he’ll razz me during our team meetings after a big Dons win/AFCW loss, and I haven’t had the heart to mention that I’ve moved on to whatever EFL teams our guys are currently playing for. Hoping McGill gets that starting gig, would love to have some water cooler banter to bring to the meetings. 

''It was an easy decision for me (MK Dons) after a couple of conversations with the gaffer. I got told you can play with freedom, within the realms of what we're trying to do here, and that's all any player wants to hear really!''

Tom McGill holding a football in the tunnel at Stadium MK.

9 hours ago, narduch said:

I don't think League Two breaks for international windows.

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

If we’re gonna call in a third keeper for practice’s sake, I hope it’s Swiderski until TMG plays at a higher level.

So...does Ligue 3 (or 4, or 5) or whatever have international breaks? :P

• 5 weeks later...