Luka Kulenovic

Sigma78

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

JM made it clear that brining in dual nationals was a priority. We have had challenges scoring or rather its the same small group of players scoring, I have to think Luka gets called in Nov. He's 6'3 or 6'4 and in very good club form in a league that is 6th or 7th. Scoring twice vs Ajax is nothing to scoff about.

He’ll be called. Jesse has shown he wants to see new faces with every call up he’s brought in multiple new guys so I don’t expect that to change. 

I predict we see Kulenovic and Corbeanu as the new faces next month. 

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He shared this story and added Croatian, Bosnian, and Canadian flag emojis to it. Also maybe the only dual national I’ve seen “like” instagram comments from Canadians just spamming the flag.  

Of all the dual players he's the one that showed explicitly his love to Canada.

As Canadians fans we gotta continue to support him.

And I hope that Canada Soccer is in contact with him. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

He shared this story and added Croatian, Bosnian, and Canadian flag emojis to it. Also maybe the only dual national I’ve seen “like” instagram comments from Canadians just spamming the flag.  

Did we "out-spam" the Croats and Bosnians? I sure hope so. We need to show this guy love and we need to call this guy up. I am not worried about Croatia, but I am about Bosnia. We need to beat them to the punch. I get the feeling this guy is going to choose whoever calls him first, so I hope Marsch is paying attention.

Disclaimer: I have watched him play 0 minutes this season, but being the top scorer of your Eredivisie club and scoring a brace against Ajax is a good sign.

He's a good age at just 25. Bring him in. Drop Tani and JRR, we know what they can do...

Forwards next window: David (Lille), Larin (Mallorca), Bair (Auxerre), Kulenovic (Heracles)

14 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Did we "out-spam" the Croats and Bosnians? I sure hope so. We need to show this guy love and we need to call this guy up. I am not worried about Croatia, but I am about Bosnia. We need to beat them to the punch. I get the feeling this guy is going to choose whoever calls him first, so I hope Marsch is paying attention.

Disclaimer: I have watched him play 0 minutes this season, but being the top scorer of your Eredivisie club and scoring a brace against Ajax is a good sign.

He's a good age at just 25. Bring him in. Drop Tani and JRR, we know what they can do...

Forwards next window: David (Lille), Larin (Mallorca), Bair (Auxerre), Kulenovic (Heracles)

I'mma do my job as Canadian fan when I'll collect Kulenovic's jersey. Kulenovic's on the top of my Canada Soccer jerseys colelction check list.

Kulenovic deserves a lot of respect from Canadian fans and from Canada Soccer. Because Kulenovic showed a lot of respect towards Canadian fans and towards Canada Soccer.

Me too I'm worried about Bosnia. I see him more close to Bosnia than Croatia. Football Bosnia developped him and helped his career. And Bosnia can do a push to bring him to their national team.

Canada Soccer gotta bring him in November. Kulenovic's is my priority before even Jebbison's, Kolesho's and the others.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Frankly, I think the only country that can out spam us is Turkey. Croatia, Bosnia, whatever, they have nothing on an army of guys with Jonathan David avatars posting rows of Canadian flag comments on literally every single player vaguely tied to us’ socials. 

I don’t think Croatia has much of a better striker depth than Bosnia have- they certainly don’t have the same top end talent BiH or Canada have, so they could be a dark horse. Look at how they nearly got Sigur to play for their senior team when he has nowhere the resume of Kulenovic.

15 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Frankly, I think the only country that can out spam us is Turkey. Croatia, Bosnia, whatever, they have nothing on an army of guys with Jonathan David avatars posting rows of Canadian flag comments on literally every single player vaguely tied to us’ socials. 

This is good but also hilarious. 

16 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I don’t think Croatia has much of a better striker depth than Bosnia have- they certainly don’t have the same top end talent BiH or Canada have, so they could be a dark horse. Look at how they nearly got Sigur to play for their senior team when he has nowhere the resume of Kulenovic.

You may be right, but without looking at their current depth chart I would assume Croatia are going to want to see more data before they call a 25-year old from Heracles, even if he has 4 goals in 6 games to start the season.

If he completes the season with this scoring rate, I do think he's a serious flight risk to Croatia, but I would also like to think we call him up well ahead of that. 

50 minutes ago, Obinna said:

This is good but also hilarious. 

You may be right, but without looking at their current depth chart I would assume Croatia are going to want to see more data before they call a 25-year old from Heracles, even if he has 4 goals in 6 games to start the season.

If he completes the season with this scoring rate, I do think he's a serious flight risk to Croatia, but I would also like to think we call him up well ahead of that. 

I swear, those Turkish fans probably tried to convince Sam Adekugbe he had a Turkish grandfather at some point with how passionate they are…

Croatia, just like somewhere like Morocco have such a vast pool of players that they could straight up call up a guy, cap him and then forget about him forever, which they’ve done before. They have called up so many players seemingly way below the level of a top 10 nation in the world, and if Kulenovic can score 1 goal over 3 nations league games when a few of their starters sit out, that’s all they need. 

On the other hand, Kulenovic spent 15 years growing up in Canada- that’s old enough to probably not even lose your Toronto accent. He seems to have spent his time in Bosnia in Banja Luka and playing for a number of clubs in Republika Srpska, so the reality is he may well just feel closer to Canada than Bosnia or Croatia. 

On 10/21/2024 at 7:04 PM, ahmedou said:

Screenshot_20241021_180319_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cb211586c1b459c9d1338f1454ed0e46.jpg

I’m all for calling him up vs Suriname. I like our depth at striker but nobody outside of David/Larin has seized their opportunity to solidify themselves. Our striker options have cooled off at their clubs and we have the luxury of going with an inform option. Scoring in the eredivise is good enough for a look.