Luka Kulenovic

Sigma78

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Barthez-Battalion said:

I think we do need to call him. Bosnia doesn't have much depth and a guy getting regular minutes in the Eredivisie at FW would absolutely be on their radar.

Kind of agree with this. Started 3 out of the 4 matches. Hope to see either him or Poku, if Jebbison doesn't commit

Screenshot_20240927_170808_FotMob Pro.jpg

Edited by blueseeka

I know the dual thing is an opinion splitter but I am OK with rotating out a couple of names to have the likes of Kulenovic/Promise David in to take a look at them. If they are willing I'm good with somewhat prioritizing them. I don't think Jebbison and certainly koelosho will commit this time around.

Would be harsh if it's at the expense of guys like Tani and Arfifa who have show great potential but they are also tied up now and have MLS games. We have an idea what they can give us.

11 hours ago, toontownman said:

I know the dual thing is an opinion splitter but I am OK with rotating out a couple of names to have the likes of Kulenovic/Promise David in to take a look at them. If they are willing I'm good with somewhat prioritizing them. I don't think Jebbison and certainly koelosho will commit this time around.

Would be harsh if it's at the expense of guys like Tani and Arfifa who have show great potential but they are also tied up now and have MLS games. We have an idea what they can give us.

I don’t think it is harsh to be honest.  I think Marsch can tell all involved he wants to see lots of guys in the Nat team context and everyone knows he is building the player pool.  You probably have to pick away at it over time (one or two new guys per window) but as other have pointed out - the last couple of spots on a roster are not usually game-breakers.  I think it is totally fair to use them for rotating callups to see some new faces.  

So considering he's scoring for a weaker team in Eredivisie, really helping them in their campaign to not relegate, and with relative consistency, how do we interpret his no-call for this window?

Is he really considering his other options? What are his real odds for picking Canada over Croatia?

It is that Marsch is not convinced, or has not been able to take a good look?

Is there just a lack of communication with his agent and with the player himself?

15 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So considering he's scoring for a weaker team in Eredivisie, really helping them in their campaign to not relegate, and with relative consistency, how do we interpret his no-call for this window?

Is he really considering his other options? What are his real odds for picking Canada over Croatia?

It is that Marsch is not convinced, or has not been able to take a good look?

Is there just a lack of communication with his agent and with the player himself?

I believe this is only his 2nd league goal? 

Good questions to ask regardless. 

What an interesting time for the CANMNT at the striker position. 

He is also 25 years old. He isn't a prospect anymore. And looking at this career stats for a striker it doesn't really stand out.

So he's a bit of a late bloomer maybe. And obviously scored in the Dutch top flight shouldn't be ignored.

image.png.421af06b961d84b398fc663717ec3d60.png

I think he's 2 goals in 4 matches with Heracles now

Edited by narduch

41 minutes ago, narduch said:

He is also 25 years old. He isn't a prospect anymore. And looking at this career stats for a striker it doesn't really stand out.

So he's a bit of a late bloomer maybe. And obviously scored in the Dutch top flight shouldn't be ignored.

image.png.421af06b961d84b398fc663717ec3d60.png

I think he's 2 goals in 4 matches with Heracles now

Has he been striker or forward in those earlier spots?

Ricardo Pepi: 7 games at PSV who has scored 27 so far, nearly twice as many goals as second place, scores 3 goals “soon to be best player in concacaf, generational talent” 

Luka Kulenovic: 5 games, 2 goals, playing for a club that has scored 7 goals all season “who is he, wow nice to see that Canada has a new 8th best striker, too bad we don’t have a C squad, etc”

Whatever. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Ricardo Pepi: 7 games at PSV who has scored 27 so far, nearly twice as many goals as second place, scores 3 goals “soon to be best player in concacaf, generational talent” 

Luka Kulenovic: 5 games, 2 goals, playing for a club that has scored 7 goals all season “who is he, wow nice to see that Canada has a new 8th best striker, too bad we don’t have a C squad, etc”

Whatever. 

We have Larin and David and then what, 6-8 guys fighting for the 3rd or 4th striker spot?

Nobody has really threatened the top 2 yet.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

We have Larin and David and then what, 6-8 guys fighting for the 3rd or 4th striker spot?

Nobody has really threatened the top 2 yet.

Absolutely- I think that the difference between 3rd and whatever spot on the striker depth chart is just whoever is hot. I don’t think that any of Bair, JRR, Oluwaseyi, so on, have differentiated themselves enough that one good stretch of form from someone else can’t unseat them. If Kulenovic scores, say, 3 goals in his next 4 games and finds himself with 5 in 9  in the Eredivisie, I think something like that could genuinely bump him to our 3rd stringer. Same for any of our other choices too.