Owen Goodman - 2003 GK - Crystal Palace

Sigma78

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

An interview with him here:

Skip ahead to 4mins13secs to hear him talk about Canada and his international options.

It seems like Croydon is home for him, which isn't too far from AFC Wimbledon.

His father is living in England but his mother is presently living in Nigeria.

Great interview. Thanks for posting OdM with the time stamp. Two minutes with talk about being raised in Canada and then talk of his options. Completely focused on the club team. Doesn't seem to be in a hurry to pick a national team. But definitely seems open to play for any of Nigeria, England or Canada.

Does not sound like he would give with games with Wimbledon to be a third keeper with the national team. League Two doesn't stop for thw international windows.

Crystal Palace deserves a lot of credit for getting him loans very early in his life. Both loans were to spots where he got a lot of playing time. Still just 20 years old and almost at 50 professional games already.

Edited by blueseeka

A lot of the dickheads that have spurned one potential national team for another, not necessarily even involving Canada, could learn from this kid about how to deal with the options with nothing but respect. He could choose any one of the three without showing an ounce of disrespect to the other two. None of this, "I may have been born in Canada, but I've always been British," (the Whore) or "I just feel like I'm Dutch" (JdG2) bullshit. Young Owen seems like a really good kid. I wish him nothing but the best.